1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Lost Engine Oil

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by shakesin, Aug 5, 2011.

1. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    The maximum permissible consumption of engine oil is 400 g for every 1000 km as per Linea owner's handbook. This works out to 455 ml/1000 km. However, my Linea consumes about 250 ml/1000 km, which is absolutely normal. The service interval of 15 k does not mean that oil level would remain at the maximum level. Oil needs to be topped up depending upon the usage. Even VW Vento's engine oil consumption is similar to that of FIAT Punto/Linea.
    OilConsumption.jpg
    OilConsumption2.jpg
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2011
  2. shakesin

shakesin Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Thanks Ravi!! exactly what the SA told me yest!
    Shake
    1 person likes this.
  3. carOmania

carOmania

Pune
    Hi,

I had this problem of high engine oil consumption since I bought the car. Many tests were done by SA and DIL report were also generated (Exact measurement 600 kms; engine oil consumed:400ml colour of oil: black.) and sent to FIAT, but reply from FIAT was always "Its normal it will automatically get rectified after 15000 Kms. Moreover refer Linea owner's handbook as it says 400 g for every 1000 km".

I was in delima as how is it possible as there are no visible leaks and moreover I have Petrol Palio in which I have never seen any oil dip in the dip stick.
    So the story goes further, I monitored this abnormal behaviour and everytime I reported to tata worshop SA and FIAT.

After 30000kms, FIAT finally acknowledged this abnormal behaviour as an issue.

Real technical Pros from FIAT finally called me @ Pandit (pune) and diagnosed one of the piston was gone, which they readily rectifed FOC.

After this happy ending, now my car has run for 4000kms and no dip in oil level has been observed in dipstick and colour of the oil is still golden.