1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Loss of Speed & Mileage

Discussion in 'Technical' started by mhitesh, Jul 11, 2014.

1. mhitesh

mhitesh Amatore

Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Hello All,

I recently got my Punto serviced, however a few days after the service I have seen that the average has dropped. I earlier used to easily get around 11Kmpl, but now it has dropped to 9.5Kmpl. I can feel that the brakes are a bit tight and have become a bit noisy (some cranky sound) and also at speeds of above 80, I can feel that the car is a bit twitchy. During the last service due to power failure issues no wheel balancing and alignment was done, however brake settings were changed.
    Also I get a feeling that the pickup is not so good specially at the 2nd gear, and when I release the accelerator speed is lost quickly.

Should I get the wheel alignment checked and done at some local center, rather than taking it to a service center and also get the break settings adjusted.

Kindly Suggest
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    I think yes, get wheels checked. If all these things comes out correct and you still feel issues, then you have to visit service center.
  3. mhitesh

mhitesh Amatore

Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Thanks, I will get it checked. Will post further after the analysis
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    Check the brakes and wheel bearings, also check the car on examiner for any other issues or errors.

Also try changing fuel bunks. I have good experience with HP and normally stick to one bunk as much as possible.
  5. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    From Maruti 800 upto todays modern cars brakes are self-adjustable. There is no adjustment/setting of brakes.

Brake settings was in old age Premier Padmini,Ambi etc.

Check brake calipers. If calipers are holding brakes replace it.
  6. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Were all fluids/oils replaced as part of your service? If yes, please check your service receipt and confirm if replaced fluids are as per recommendation in the owner's manual