1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Loss of mileage and power in Punto 1.3 Active

Discussion in 'Technical' started by ProudOwner, Feb 21, 2014.

1. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Noida
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Today I have done wheel balancing, rotation and alignment and I just went on highway to check about the job done and in doing so I feel my car lugging somehow. Dont know if this has to do with some tyre or camber area or its just my car emotion

But, I check the mileage and it was 22.8 approx and this performance and speed are fine but I dont feel the turbo which was fine just before the wheel alignment process.

@All Do throw some light on this .

Sent from my RM-846_im_india_233 using Tapatalk
  2. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Noida
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Bhaiyon....

Koi toh prakaash daalo ispe bhi ::O ( throw light on the above post too :anyone )
  3. ProudOwner

ProudOwner Timido

Delhi/NCR
    Hi guys,

I still feel the problem persist. The turbo kicks in very late (@ around 23k-24k rpm). I recently did a highway trip and the mileage was around 20.4 kmpl(calculated using manual method) which I think is below normal. Also the mileage shown on MID is 21.9 kmpl. Is the difference between manual method and on MID that much?

Regards
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Thats a pretty good mileage that you got. it varies a lot depending upon numerous things like road surface, no of passengers, driving style, tyre pressure, traffic etc. we can't really generalize a figure for highways.
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  5. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Before doing this job did you fill fuel from any new bunk. Fuel quality is an important key factor in MJD
  6. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Noida
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Thanx bhai for reply although late but yet replied

Issue got resolve after 3days without any work done on it. May b it bcos of some sediment or moisture on the sensor or in the fuel line. Again my car run like a beast

I have shown to Kashyap Motors and they told me like it seems fine right now but will clean egr and sensor on your next schedule service and I pray to god that particular time wont come anywhere in future

Sent from my RM-846_im_india_233 using Tapatalk
  7. Roadking

Roadking Amatore

Bangalore KA
    AFAIK its the ECU which is going through learning curves and adapts accordingly. The power band does move to 2300 once the car has seen a fair bit of milles on the highway and once back in the city you would slowly notice the peak torque shifting back to 1800 to 1900
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
  8. Vighnesh81

Vighnesh81 Novizio

Pune, MH
    Still pretty good milage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. rchatrath

rchatrath Timido

Karnal
    I also own a Punto 90HP and it appears that the turbo is not operating properly. The mileage has also dropped considerably after my service at Kashyap Fiat, Noida.
  10. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Noida
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hi All,

Few days back i got below mileage from my car which has done 50k+ kms so far...

WP_20141116_002.jpg

WP_20141116_001.jpg

WP_20141116_003.jpg