1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Looking to replace stock HU.. Is it the answer??

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by veryindian, Sep 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. veryindian

veryindian Timido

Pune + Mumbai
    I'm kind of a mental guy when it comes to music. I've tried all possible settings and setups within my existing ICE setup. I have a perfect separation of lower frequencies between the rear sub and the front comps. XO setup at 80. Mids & highs all sound good. Music mostly sounds good except times when in the mood to indulge on a long drive, I feel that some of the definition is missing. Literally banged my head number of times just to extract the missing ZING :confused: !! NO USE.

Now during one of the tuning sessions I realised the Stock HU amp almost maxes out by the time you pump the volume up to 24, rest of the settings being flat/0. What I basically mean is the music reproduction starts loosing some of the definition post 24 on the volume. So according to my findings I did a reset to the levels of the amp to extract distortion free music till 22 on the stock HU volume. It's sounding better and warmer than before but still missing the ZING :shocked !!

After going through numerous posts here, an easy fix seems to change the HU to a better specd one and then cross fingers. Almost everybody who has switched the stock HU for an aftermarket one seems to be happier with the results.

I'm looking at a aftermarket HU Pioneer DEH80PRS. Has anybody used it?? Will it solve my problem??

My current setup is with the Stock HU - Front:Focal Polyglass 165V (external amp) | Rear : Focal Access 165CA1(stock HU amp) | Amplifier : Hertz HE4 | SubWoofer : Pioneer TS-WX303(external amp)
  2. veryindian

veryindian Timido

Pune + Mumbai
    I've ordered the Pioneer DEH-80PRS and plan to go active from 1st use. Will update once installed.
  3. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    I had lived with the stock HU in my MJD Punto only because I wanted to retain steering controls (and to a lesser extent, Blue&Me). This went on for 3 years but when I picked up my T-jet 3 months ago, the quality of equipment put in demanded that the stock HU be dumped. And that's what I duly did - went for the JVC 926BT (compromise solution) since I had blown up my budget in sourcing the other equipment.

80PRS is good and I may get this sometime early next year. Go ahead with it without any worries!
    1 person likes this.
  4. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Go ahead with the p80.....nice choice

@Mr. JVC - kab kho rrahe ho thread audio ka....hahahahhahahaha

Waheguru Waheguru
  5. veryindian

veryindian Timido

Pune + Mumbai
    Same reason for me too.. Still I've taken the plunge. Maybe I'll have to make do without the steering remote for now and use the bundled IR controller. No worries as a solution has been found on Pioneer UK website CA-R-PI.369 Wired remote interface for FIAT - Pioneer Car Accessories Now somehow I have to buy it and get it installed :hit
  6. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    Abe pics toh tere paas hain! Remember the Punto install - I have none!
  7. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Really? Its not *that* bad as you're making it look man! At that price point, you can't expect better SQ and features.
    1 person likes this.
  8. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    Arre yaar, its not bad but after having it for close to a month and having experienced better HU's and setups, I realise where it is lacking. But then I always knew that even before I got this HU. And I absolutely agree with you, it is fantastic VFM for the price!
  9. veryindian

veryindian Timido

Pune + Mumbai
    The Package is received!! yay. Looks good. Being too tied up with work commitments for another 20 days, I've decided to postpone the install till I'm like properly free.

Will Put pictures and details once install done.
  10. veryindian

veryindian Timido

Pune + Mumbai
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.