1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Looking to get a new T-Jet, need colour suggestions, other tips and the story so far.

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by abhinit90, Nov 21, 2011.

?

So what colour should i get?

1. Tuscan Wine

25.0%
  2. Bronze Scuro

56.8%
  3. Fox Trot Azure

13.6%
  4. None, THIS IS SPARTAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

4.5%
  1. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Even i had this issue in my car too! :( It was replaced FOC by TASS. They took only half an hour to do this job.
  2. abhinit90

abhinit90 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    That's nice to hear.

Also what washer fluid should I choose, since the dealsership wasn't aware that normal water isn't used.

Also I was just searching in general and came to know that the Linea T-Jet has a MASSIVE turbo rated for a max of 2.2 bar, but in reality I don't think that we are getting more than 0.5 or 1 bar out of it, any way to optimize it? :fear:
  3. johy

johy Amatore

Siliguri
    Guys do you know which are currently available in T-Jet Plus ?
  4. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    I picked up my FTA T-jet plus last month and only a handful of cars were remaining at the factory. The color options for 2011 cars were HHB and FTA. Couple of 2010 cars were also on the list, ask you dealer for an update. Remember these are the cars at the factory, the dealers across India may be stuck with some TD or stocked cars on which a substantial discount can be negotiated over and above the official offer. I didn't want to risk it so finally decided to get one direct from the factory. Good luck hunting for the Jet!!
  5. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

Right Now ( on 3August) only 6 T-Jet "plus" available ( as per SA) , 5 are FTA and 1 is Black
    and Only 1 T-jet available - BS
  6. abhinit90

abhinit90 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    Hmm... but are these the last T-Jet's to grace our country?
  7. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Maybe yes, maybe no - who cares!!!

Whenever you get worried about this, I would suggest that you go and take a drive of your TJet in PTM (pedal to metal) mode. I am sure all your worries will evaporate. Look at the bright side, if these are the last Tjets - we are among the few esteemed people who own it
    2 people like this.
  8. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    If you observe the current line up, the petrol version does not have an emotion variant. So its quite safe to presume that the top end petrol variant would be a Tjet. However, FIAT needs to undercut the Tjet emotion price below the diesel by around 40-50K. There will surely be takers for this wornderful car.

My close friend is going to get this FTA Tjet+ in about 10 days times. He booked it yesterday.
  9. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    I am not sure if you have gone through my various threads on Tjet. I have waited almost for more than 7-8 months for this 2012 TJet. This was based on assurances from various people including those who have links in Tata and Fiat. In Dec 2011, it was rumoured that 2012 TJet will come in April 2012. In April, people mentioned that 2012 TJet is under production. I got tired of waiting and finally bought the TJet.

I do not think that the TJet will see the light of the day. This may not be anything to do with the car or the manufacturer - with fuel prices rising there are no takers for petrol cars. For example, Polo 1.6 was not selling. Similar is the case for Laura TSI. Similarly even Maruti bread and butter petrol cars have seen a decline as compared to diesel cars. I had almost given up on the TJet and was going to book the New Fiesta Automatic - yes I was blown apart by the ride and control it offered. However, the dealer never called me back - this inspite of telling him that I want to book it. Moral of the story: most dealers are not interested for selling petrol cars. They are afraid that the car will be stuck with them if the booking is cancelled
  10. abhinit90

abhinit90 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    Agreed, I enjoy a lot when I drive the Tjet in the PTM mode, but when I refill the tank, I'm like :eek:

Infact today was coincidentally the first time I drove in PTM mode on the yamuna expressway

TJet is a rare of the rarest car and I love it for that.

Where's your thread speedJet :chair: ?

Most of the people in my class don't even want to understand a Tjet, they just say petrol hain, nahi chahiye, infact a boy in my class was telling me he hates his i20 because it doens't have any acceleration at all, on asking the details he told me verbatim( and understand that he has after market modded his car to a cng version):
    "I shift up at 1500 rpm, I don't know why I don't get acceleration on even fully pressing the accelerator"