1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Looking to get a new T-Jet, need colour suggestions, other tips and the story so far.

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by abhinit90, Nov 21, 2011.

?

So what colour should i get?

1. Tuscan Wine

25.0%
  2. Bronze Scuro

56.8%
  3. Fox Trot Azure

13.6%
  4. None, THIS IS SPARTAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

4.5%
  1. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Quoting entire post now to avoid any complain ! ;)

The point is for Fiat to sell every car of those 1000 sold in Nov'11 is a challenge looking at the dismal sales figures. Here there is a TJet customer (who is hard to find for Fiat) who might be lost to competition. It seems only his persistence/ passion with Fiat is holding him back. How many such customers are there who have such kind of persistence/ passion with Fiat?

Even I did not have good experience with Hyundai company dealership when I was in the market to buy a Sedan. I had to actually get after them for TD of Verna which I got after a couple of visits to the dealership. There was no followup from the sales guy to my enquiry. On the other hand Maruti & Honda sales guys were after me calling me daily after I took TD of their cars.

Established player may get away for minor blips due to the image they've built over the years (still it may affect the image if the issues are bigger & consistent). And let's give credit where it's due. In today's market place, it's not easy to build an image in whichever business. For struggling players like Fiat, even a small blip carry a large impact on a negligible sales. Because the denominator i.e. sales itself is very very small and negligible.

Yes. Rejecting cars because of bad experience with dealer is not the philosophy I also believe in. That's why I persisted with Hyundai to get TD even if it required me to follow up with them instead of they following up with me !! However, there are very few customers like these. And such small negative experiences is what creates a negative image. Hyundai might get away because of the image it has built over the years. Fiat can't - it has nothing on it's side for image except for good cars but that too carry regular niggles.
  2. amit1agrawal

amit1agrawal Amatore

Bangalore
    Your explanation makes lot of sense.
    Btw, FIAT A.S.S is on a new low. I had raised a complaint 2 months back, no FIAT official bothered to call me for it and I just called FIAT customer care to learn that the complaint was closed sometime back! and they are not able to find out the date when it was closed (Are they using some excel to track it!? ). I did not have good experience with the last service so I wanted to raise another complaint (separate for old and new issue) and I was informed that they have to take all the issues in one complaint as they cannot raise another complaint when one is open.

3. mathuranuj

mathuranuj Amatore

Delhi
    Go for BNW
  4. abhinit90

abhinit90 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    So, it's been some time since I've got the car, there are some minor problems, like when the AC is running there is a typical noise coming from it, I fear it may be a leak or something.
    The car has run about 700 kms so far and recently have been getting around ~13kpl

edit: Will start a proper thread in some time
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
  5. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    This might be due to gas leaking. Is yor Ac cooling properly? If not then its gas leak issue. Get it done from TASS. FIAT is doing it in warrenty. O-ring is main issue in it.
    Is that sound is kinda hissing sound?
  6. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    I have the same issue. The car makes a wierd sound something like "krrrrrrrrr" when the car is driven with AC on. It sounds something like a rattling screw which has not been fitted properly. Yet to take the car to the service center. The issue has been persisting for over a month now and there is no problem with the cooling as such. The car gets cooled quite quickly.
  7. abhinit90

abhinit90 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    there isn't much requirement for cooling, yet, so it's mighty fine, but it's just like any other car's AC, not that powerful as others have claimed.

And BINGO, hissing sound it is.
  8. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Mumbai
    You've got a gas leak mate. The Compressor Ring (O-Ring) has given way. Get it replaced and the gas refilled (covered under warranty). It will take at maximum a couple of hours during which they check for any other leaks.
    The car's AC is reasonably powerful.

Btw, you delhites get good averages. We Mumbaikars are stuck with 10-11 numbers (with no highway runs).
  9. abhinit90

abhinit90 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    It's more to do with my area, I don't usually get stuck in bumper to bumper traffic, and I'm the sedatest(?) driver ever. Even on express highways I trundle along at 80-90, just take it a notch upto 130-135 smoothly for a second, or two at max. I usually press the accelerator <15% and even nano's overtake me .

I think the average might improve a shade or two.

Love the power, it doesn't even seem to get warmed up at around 100 km/hr and at that speed it's just getting ready.

ecodrive is nice.
  10. The hissing noise is the air leak in the AC pipes. I had this issue in my TJet, the cooling levels gradually decreased in my TJet over a period of one month but it was adequate.
    The issue was rectified after removing and refitting the AC pipes.

Check for faulty O ring as well which is a common complaint in most of the TJet's.