1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Looking to get a new T-Jet, need colour suggestions, other tips and the story so far.

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by abhinit90, Nov 21, 2011.

?

So what colour should i get?

1. Tuscan Wine

25.0%
  2. Bronze Scuro

56.8%
  3. Fox Trot Azure

13.6%
  4. None, THIS IS SPARTAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

4.5%
  1. abhinit90

abhinit90 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    It's not just that, it's that despite me asking for the VIN number or a concrete manufacturing date ranging from the first time I went there to today morning, they avoided it then later said it was may model and even today when I went there, they said it's a June made.
    When i pointed that out, the team leader was stumped that how I found it out by the VIN No. and he was accusing me of not trusting his word that it was indeed manufactured in June, since his manager assured him that it indeed is a June made car, "AMZ"=June is a new thing for me.
    And when i asked for form 22 to prove it to him, he said that he cannot provide that, then later he said he will give it tomorrow. I said it's not needed, since I know it's January manufactured and he can see that so that it satisfies him.
    Then he said that what is the difference, just 4 months, I am giving you warranty and car has not run much, and then he was trying to persuade me that even after manufacturing the car reaches the dealer only after 7 months, what blasphemy is this?
    I did not even do the PDI as I saw the odo, then the tyres and then the VIN number and then left.
  2. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    VahanPujari, this is nothing new in North India for Fiat and its dealers. While dealer and Fiat are busy blaming each other (this is applicable for my case), it is the end customer who is loosing. I waited for almost 2 months in the hope that something could be worked out. But everybody involved (Fiat engineer who did PDI at Ranjangaon and the dealer) were just busy saving their own skin. In the end it is I who has lost time and appears that will also loose some substantial amount of money for no real fault of mine

Abhinit, whatever decision you take please take it fast. Waiting and negotiating is not going to help with all these dealers who are used to dealing with cabbies. Moreover, Fiat and Tata just sit and watch and in the end say "you comlained to us, we took up with the dealer. we cannot do anything more, please talk with the dealer and finish this"
  3. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Sad state of affairs ! Very sad ! There goes a couple of your TJet customers (out of those 622 or 1037), Fiat, if you're reading this.

First of all Fiat has the biggest issue of customer connect. Then there is a challenge of bringing customer to the dealership. Then there is the difficulty of convincing a customer to buy a Fiat. After all these challenging stages, can Fiat really afford to lose even a single customer due to such issues? And it's not only these 1 or 2 customers, power of word of mouth is much much stronger.
  4. abhinit90

abhinit90 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    As for us, who already have decided on everything and do not need to be persuaded to get a Fiat are saddened by these shortcomings. And yes word of mouth is indeed a very very strong thing, especially for matters in which the crowd has a negative bias.

But I don't know why aren't fiat taking advantage of word of mouth, if it can be used to degrade them, it can surely be used much more effectively to praise them.

I'm still positive something good will work out tomorrow, I will pray.
  5. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    What was the response from the complaint that was to be lodged at Fiat India website ? We as a group have to take this matter to FIAT.

If a well informed customer is cheated like this by a dealer then just think about a normal customer who wants to buy Punto instead of Vista !!!

Thanks
  6. abhinit90

abhinit90 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    I did not file a complain at the site since the day day when i called the SE he told me I could come tomorrow for a PDI.

Let's see what happens today.
  7. saharsh

saharsh Regolare

Noida
    So, what happened?? today?
  8. amit1agrawal

amit1agrawal Amatore

Bangalore
    Fiat is simply loosing the plot in India (maybe elsewhere too). Their A.S.S is a pain. They dont know how to sell cars except to those fiat enthusiasts who would buy the car anyway.
    I doubt complaining to FIAT helps. All they do is to redirect your complaint to the dealer and then never bother you again.
    I am having a problem with bouncing wheel right from day one, numerous visits to the fiat service centers and a complaint to the FIAT has not helped the matter. I recently got my vehicle serviced and they have thoroughly dirtied the vehicle from inside, lots of dirty marks in upholstery and lots (i means really lots ) of dust backside of the rear seat. And then I hear such stories in forum about people being sold a Jan model in Dec!
    I feel that FIAT has deteriorated considerably in the last one year. FIAT, what are you upto ? I have owned a hyundai for 5.5 years and never had to visit service center for complaints as many times as I have already done for Linea. And one complaint to them is enough to make them rectify the issue till the customer is satisfied. It's another thing that their cars are half as good as FIAT's but come on you cannot just sustain on your product alone and except customer to put up with your bad service ( both FIAT officials and Dealers).
    It might not go down well with FIAT fans ( including me) but I don't see future for FIAT in India; they will remain at the edge of the market.
  9. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    It's few of the 1000 customers vs the market (> 1 Lac customers). Which word of mouth will be stronger - positive or negative? Strong word of mouth comes from volume & positive experience of the "volume"
  10. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    As of now the negative sentiment is very strong. One of my friends has been accompanying me for the TJet+ booking. He is looking to buy a new car but was very clear that he shall not buy a Fiat (his wife is a Fiat fan). I tried to convince him for Linea or Punto. He liked the Linea but thought that it is above his budget so he test drove the 90 HP which was in a bad shape. I was still trying to convince him for a Fiat when the debacle with my TJet booking occurred - he was there during the PDI with me. Now he is accompanying me for the refund (atleast 3 visits with me to the showroom in the last one week). Seeing the treatment been given to me, now he is more than ever convinced that Fiat is a car that one must not buy. Now he tells me everyday that if I still buy a Fiat after all this, I am out of my mind