1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Looking to get a new T-Jet, need colour suggestions, other tips and the story so far.

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by abhinit90, Nov 21, 2011.

?

So what colour should i get?

1. Tuscan Wine

25.0%
  2. Bronze Scuro

56.8%
  3. Fox Trot Azure

13.6%
  4. None, THIS IS SPARTAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

4.5%
  1. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    Congratulations on the new CAR. Bronzo is a very good color, the color and the car both makes the owner to keep it shine always.

Wish you happy miles ahead.

I put 15 mins of my time everyday wiping the dust. (Jopsa duster) is a nice product to have. Once I complete one year, Plan to polish detailing with Bosch service.
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2011
  2. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Mumbai
    Congrats on the new car! I would have recommended Bronzo Scurro (am a proud owner myself) any day. Alternatively, I think medium gray (is it available now in Tjet? wasn't available earlier) is classy yet easy to maintain color.
    Regarding the bird poop, please try and get a covered parking for your baby. If its not feasible, tell the dealer to give you the Fiat Tyek car cover - its a genuine fiat accessory listed on the website. It is a very soft cover that would cause fewer scratches on your car compared to the regular ones.

Cheers
  3. abhinit90

abhinit90 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    thank you :) will do

getting the tyvek cover, plus there isn't a covered parking place in my socirty, it's one of the greener areas :|
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    To wipe out bird's poop, you need to use a wet micro fiber cloth along with liquid shampoo.
  5. amit1agrawal

amit1agrawal Amatore

Bangalore
    I have suggestions. Don't get it washed daily. Only once in weekend. Buy a jopasu duster and dust it daily.
    Use Microfiber cloth , the bigger ones available in shell petrol pump shops, to wash the car. No normal clothes.
    This should keep your car in shinning condition.
    Moreover, Polish it regularly like say every month or 2 months ( on need basis). Buy a good polish like the one from 3m.
    Don't exert it till 1k km or so ( I know it's hard ;) ) but I feel that my tjet is giving low mileage because I didn't care about speed limits from start :) .Other people who cared have reported better mileage figure. However, this is based on my feelings no solid evidence.
    Use Shell Normal Petrol only, smoother and returns better mileage figures. Turn the bass to highest level, returns much better sound from speakers.

Also, I would not recommend 3M anti scratch treatment. It just removes existing scratches but doesn't in anyway prevent from new scratches being formed. It's good to get it done if your car has lost it's shine (because it's got old) but I don't much sense in getting it done for a new car. Better spend that money in upgrading the speaker system :)
    And lastly, Enjoy it. The happiest person on board is the one behind the wheel :)
    2 people like this.
  6. abhinit90

abhinit90 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    Will do :)
    Whoa!
    Thanks a lot for all the suggestions.

Unfortunately i dont think there's a shell petrol pump here, atleast anywhere near my place in delhi, so i'll search for the microfiber cloth as recommended. nWill use normal petrol and get a good polish. Nice to hear that with proper equalizing the speakers can atleast be listen-able, since I love great music.

Will try to be in control for the first 1000km, that's the most i can say :D
  7. abhinit90

abhinit90 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    Tuesday, last tuesday was the day I was expecting a PDI, the SE is now delaying matters.

So now i'm confused, maybe the car is damaged and it's requiring enough time be repaired or he has sold it off to someone and waiting for a stock.

Since on tuesday he gave me a stupid excuse that he is sending the car for his PDI at workshop on tuesday as it was busy earlier, I was co-operating with him earlier, but I don't think i will co-operate now if things go this way.

Any ideas on what should I do?
  8. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    Fiat India, drop a complaint and also call the toll free number and explain the situation. It surely helps
  9. abhinit90

abhinit90 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    Looks like there is no Tjet in my destiny.

Went in for the PDI today, everything was fine until I saw the VIN number, it was a JAN make model whereas I was assured a model no older than may or at max april end.

The dealer will return back to me tomorrow stating if he can source a newer unit or not.

Also there was the team leader there since our SE was on leave today.

Let's see or Honda City it is.
  10. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    What a shame ! What a pity !

There is a customer ready to buy a TJet & Fiat is not able to close the sale so much so that out of frustration the customer may have to go to a competition - Honda City !

Last 8-10 months miserable sales figures adding to the woes. Piled up stocks & customers are not willing to buy the cars manufactured 8-9 months back.