1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Looking to get a new T-Jet, need colour suggestions, other tips and the story so far.

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by abhinit90, Nov 21, 2011.

?

So what colour should i get?

1. Tuscan Wine

25.0%
  2. Bronze Scuro

56.8%
  3. Fox Trot Azure

13.6%
  4. None, THIS IS SPARTAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

4.5%
  1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    My vote goes to Bronzo Scuro.
  2. anoop

anoop Superiore

My vote is for Bronze Scuro. I own a TW Punto but if there was a BS Punto, i would have really tempted to pick that color.

About maintenance,scratches do gets highlighted in TW, especially if you are some one who love to keep the car shining always.
  3. abhinit90

abhinit90 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    Booked :dance:

A little challenge if anyone wants to find the colour of the car that i have booked.
  4. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Highly subjective!

My personal opinion - any car, and esp a sedan (and that too of TJet's magnitude) looks fabulous in Black. That's why I chose that colour.
  5. xplorauto

xplorauto

Bangalore
    Most certainly it does, but only when it carries that deep wet look. To keep it that way, one has to be prepared to spend on periodic professional detailing and also a good grade DIY detailing kit like Meguiars. Money apart, one also needs to be prepared to put time and effort on regular waxing, buffing et all. Any dark colour especially black are therefore that much more difficult to maintain, 'coz if that is dirty and scratched up, the car can look pretty dilapidated. Much more than lighter tones.

Looks aside, I do not recommend dark colours to anyone who does a lot of highway driving or drives in poorly lit urban areas. It can get really tricky for fellow motorists to spot a black or a very dark color.

If the area where one lives gets very foggy like a hill station, the color to buy is red. That is most easily spotted under low visibility conditions.

Having said all that, don't buy a colour because merely logic says so. But if there is a colour you like as well, probably not as much as a dark colour, but is more pragmatic, I would recommend you to settle for that. But under no circumstance one should get a colour if you dont like it purely driven by logic.

cheerz
  6. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    I agree. For me, it was always a dream to own a black sedan. Hence, I threw the logic part out of my brain window and went ahead with my heart. Heck, choosing a Fiat (and a petrol car) in India today itself is a logic-less decision by 95% junta! At the time of purchase, I mentally prepared myself for a detailing job every 6-9 months, depending on the scratches etc. Let's hope I am able to maintain the color and sheen as much as possible!

On another note (logically speaking), I noticed that TJets have the most unique colors. This sometimes translates into lesser re-sale value. Adding that Fiat badge further lessens the value for the Indian market.

Then ofcourse, who in his right mind would want to sell the TJet! And I'm sure all of us here have bought Fiat (and TJet) for the unique features they possess - drive, handling, braking etc etc. So resale is usually not even the last thing on my mind!
  7. xplorauto

xplorauto

Bangalore
    So true!! I guess that applies to all T-Jetters, doesn't it? Re-Sale??? yeah probably to each other for a variety of color may be...:D
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2011
  8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    May be you booked BS
  9. rana

rana Novizio

Mumbai
    Congrats Active Lurker :D

I did book the BS and my vote goes to this colour.... It has a sort of chameleon effect with the colour actually showing different shades in different light conditions.... While in the shade it looks much darker, in light it is closer to beige and in the night, it really shines out... I love this colour and also the Tuscan wine, which has a very upmarket rich feel to it.... though thats definitely much harder to maintain
  10. abhinit90

abhinit90 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    yup i've voted for BS and i thought someone would find that out, anyways BS(NOT bullshit) it is

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 PM ----------

also the birds near my house emit waste matter, which breaks all the rules of physics, they do something something that is much more than their input, any idea on what should i use to remove stains, bird-poop and what cloth to remove dust from the :wub: worthy car?