1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Looking to get a new T-Jet, need colour suggestions, other tips and the story so far.

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by abhinit90, Nov 21, 2011.

?

So what colour should i get?

1. Tuscan Wine

25.0%
  2. Bronze Scuro

56.8%
  3. Fox Trot Azure

13.6%
  4. None, THIS IS SPARTAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

4.5%
  1. abhinit90

abhinit90 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    So hopefully tomorrow, we'll all be going to get our first car, the Linea T-Jet, it cannot be that big of a difference though, I mean, it isn't THAT big of a first step in the automotive world.

I'm in New Delhi, and the FIAT dealer closest to me is Autolinks, and i must say the Sales Executive's behaviour has been great so far(knocks on wood) and I would recommend each person from New Delhi to atleast visit this dealer, he has been prompt in replies and also in arranging a test drive, the SE wanted me to come to the dealership for a test drive, but on persisting, he agreed to send it to my home. At last due to some constraints from our side we had to go to the dealer to get a test drive, we had initially planned to go at 5pm and the dealership called me at 5 minutes to 5 that the test drive car was all ready in front of the dealership waiting for me. We could only reach at around 6-6:15pm and still the sales executive was patiently waiting for us, there were some tata girls too that asked us for tea/coffee, we had a rather short test drive of 10 minutes but since it was evening there was a lot of traffic everywhere so i couldn't get a proper taste of it. Though there was something solid about the car, the handbrake feeling so solid and all.

I did not really feel the pull, but maybe that was because i did not floor the accelerator, but there was one thing that i noticed, in the 3rd gear the rpm's were rising pretty slowly, but after crossing 2200rpm i felt a rush and the rpms just lurched forward, I touched 70/80 in 3rd gear and that was it, but there was something different about the car, I was smiling while i was about to sleep.

So, since my experience and the story so far has been dealt with, let's come to the important part, the dealer is trying to push FTA saying it's very good, is low on maintenance and very popular, he also has a BS in stock but is more keen to sell the FTA, on being asked about the tuscan wine he is trying to discourage me from getting it.

If everything goes smoothly, I would post the results tomorrow and keep everyone updated.

The dealer hasn't told me of the batch of the cars though, the only thing I have been told is that it's the newest batch of cars that he got about 20-25 days back.

So what is a good colour in your opinion, since BS is a more laid back colour in my opinion and FTA though good feels just different, but scratches shine "SEE ME! I'M A SCRATCH" on the tuscan wine.

Also since I'm a newbie and have no idea on a PDI, i have the documents but things don't work that easy in the real life, so i asked the resident PDI champion speedjet and he said he would try to come and assist me in the PDI, hope things work out and he can help me, thanks to him in advance.

Any other tips will be greatly appreciated.

P.S: I've been a rather active lurker(?) and sorry for this rather long first(proper) post.
    P.S P.S: While typing i pressed backspace and i returned to the previous page, and i was like :eek: then :( but it took some time and i recovered the post, phew :)
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Very very subjective. If I vote for the color, that would be my preference. Do you want to pick a color of preference from others? Pick one which you like most. Linea looks awesome in all colors.
  3. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Well as discussed I am in for the FTA. In my view the FTA is the slowest moving color and hence he is trying to push you. Since he does not have Tuscan Wine he shall not comment on the same. Let me know how it finally goes with the booking and do PM me the booking details
    1 person likes this.
  4. abhinit90

abhinit90 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    I would also appreciate any feedback regarding maintenance of colors, like does TW really make the scratches stand out?

will PM you speedjet, also any other tips since tomorrow i'm going to get the booking done if everything goes well, i'm also inclined towards the bronzo scuro since it's basically 2 in 1, black at night and chocolate at day :p
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2011
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    TW hasn't been that difficult to maintain as it is perceived. It is in fact one of the best looking colors in Linea. Among the three, I would pick TW :). But, again this is my choice.
  6. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Linea looks like an angel in white colour(at certain angles,it looks like an Audi in white!)
  7. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    ramjn - I think TW is actually difficult to maintain than other colors, although it looks gorgeous in that shade. BNW is another good option.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
  8. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    As mentioned earlier during our discussion, first negotiate the final amount and then make the booking i.e. he should feel that you will walk away if he does not give the discount. If you enter the showroom and tell him that I am doing the booking, he shall not negotiate. So negotiate first and then make the booking
  9. abhinit90

abhinit90 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    ::T

so the sales person called me on sunday and i told him i would come on tuesday, he called me yesterday again that can you come on monday to get it done, i told him i am busy, he then asked again," aap pakka booking karaoge na?" i said i will 90% come to your showroom to have a talk with you, i did not mention that i'll be booking it.
  10. Arkin

Arkin Amatore

As long as it's a T-JET color doesn't matter! :D
    Anyway, I'd suggest Bronze Scuro - that's what I'd have gone in for, had I got the T-JET and not the Punto VGT.
    White and black look the best, but Bronze Scuro would be easy to maintain - looks strikingly bold too.
    FTA is heavenly, but some people call it a "feminine color".
    Hope you enjoy your T-JET.