1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Looking for pre-owned fiat MJD punto in Bangalore and Questions on buying 2 years car

Discussion in 'TFI Classifieds' started by Venkat Y, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Nimish antony

Nimish antony Regolare

If u want to sell it after buying then go for an alto.. that would suffice your need for resale value. Fiat cars are not bought to be sold.. Its a part of yourself. Would u trade a kidney if it offers a high price ... was just kidding :D.. If the Punto is good.. just get it. It will suffice all your needs.
    3 people like this.
  2. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Hi venkat-
    If in case you are not ok with your friends deal and not getting his Punto.

Please let me knw I'm ok with 5L. Don't forget to PM me your friend phone on.:D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  3. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Hey man believe me cars go for sale in second hand market only if its ready for the coffin, have you ever done a TD on a car from the second hand showroom its like waking up an deadbody from the grave, unless there are some specail cases where you are really lucky you might get hand on few cars which are in good health and parting their owner due to unavoidable circumstances... may be in case of FIAT its not true where love is forever and in the long run as a museum piece forever
  4. Things that you need to checkbefore buying the car::

1)Check for the service history.
    2)Check for any accident repair,or insurance claims.
    3)Check for even tyre wear and tear.
    4)Before taking the vehicle ensure Clutch slave cylinder is of metal type,and not plastic.If it is plastic type you can get it replaced FOC.
    5)Regarding the odo reading I dont think theres any reason to worry as you are buying it from your friend.
    6)Check the battery,it needs to be changed after approx 24 months.
    7)Check if any extra accessories are installed which requires tampering with the wires,get it checked from the ASS that extended warranty is valid.
    8)And if possible insist your friend to get the 30k service done in advance.

These would be enough I guess...So waiting for the good news from your side soon...:clapping
  5. Dear venkat,

I saw Punto MJD for sale in used car showroom opposite to KIMS Dental college ,just about 200 mts before DeveGowda petrol bunk.
    I saw this couple of days back so hope it is still there.
    Person to contact is Nathi 9731766433.
  6. Venkat Y

Venkat Y Novizio

4)Before taking the vehicle ensure Clutch slave cylinder is of metal type,and not plastic.If it is plastic type you can get it replaced FOC.

Sure.. whats the reason behind this ? is there any problem in plastic Clutch slave cylinder ? Coz i never came across this issue.
  7. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    It is prone to breakage due to prolonged usage . Fiat had replaced all of them with metal ones during a (ssshhh)recall !!!

Grande Punto 1.3
    Fiat resale value depends on buyers.. if you go to any Preowned car showrooms and ask them to sell... then they blindly say
    saar...fiat has no resale value ..
    As long as enthusiasts like us there in India.. there is no question of low resale value .. i would say moderate...
    In case of maruti... its different story..... 1 sheep goes in front....thousands in herd follows...:)
    1 person likes this.
  9. the plastic cylinder might burst if gets heated...In my previous punto 1.2,2009 the cylinder casing just broke,and it was very irritating,had to get the car towed...and took a month to get the issue solved...
  10. Venkat Y

Venkat Y Novizio

oh ok !! will defiantly check that.. going to finalize the deal on weekend !! Thanks for your inputs :)

looks like u have got lot of knowledge on this baby !! One more question looks like u had used 1.2 petrol before, what difference do u fell form 1.2 to 1.3 MJD ? Could be tell me your views on these two models