1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Looking for pre-owned fiat MJD punto in Bangalore and Questions on buying 2 years car

Discussion in 'TFI Classifieds' started by Venkat Y, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Venkat Y

Venkat Y Novizio

Hi Fiatan's,

I'm Venkat from Bangalore, I'm new to this blog and created account just today.. Nice to meet all of u guys !!!

I'm looking for Punto MJD, Let me know if anyone is going to sell their beauty...

And also can u suggest me what would be the best prize for a used Punto ? And i heard that there is not much resale value for Punto, Is it true ? coz as we all know less resale for Fiat cars.

I have a friend who is ready to sell his MJ E.pack 2010 25k clocked for 5L, Is this the good deal ? What i'm really worried is, my father says max u'll get 2-2.5L if u are again selling it after a year or two.

Could some one suggest me on this please
  2. Nimish antony

Nimish antony Regolare

The perception that Fiat has low resale value is not true. Fiat owners rarely sell their cars unless some one wants an upgrade/relocation/urgent need for cash.
    Moreover the MJD is not one you get for peanuts. If there is some one selling his Punto MJD for 2-2.5 then i think it would be helpful if you give us the sellers contact details so i could start right away and pick it up. :confused:
    2 people like this.
  3. sungoa2010

My alto 2004 model offered 1.25 in Goa. 2.5 for a 2010 model MJD punto is nothing less than a sin. I don't know who decides these prices.
  4. Venkat Y

Venkat Y Novizio

Hi Antony,

This is not my opinion, It's m fathers.. I'm new to cars.. i had a short drive with my friends Punto and fall in love wiht Punto :) My question here is what the best prise i can take the car i described above ? and how is the resale after 2 years of the car ?

It would be helpfull if u can suggest about the prize of pre-owned punto ?
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    its a good deal,,, its just 2 years with 25k kms...
    for your satisfaction try to bargain as much as possible... :)

Isnt that a wrong thought to sell it again ?
    My father never allows me to sell the things, for ex:- we were having "DURBY sewing machine" :D the old one,its not working but still in store rooom... though this is not comparable with the automobiles rather subjects the importance of the thing(old is gold).
  6. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

5L is good..but 4.5 would be awesome..

If you are patient..fiat cars do have good resale value...but may be some 10-15% less than maruti's thats all..

Very rare somebody sells fiat's unless he is moving out or badly need cash...or may e he is buying another fiat :)

Owners are crazy about fiat cars..one recent example..

I had been to Aaadya last week...and I saw one good looking Punto and asked the owner which model...that it..

He immediatly started off saying its 2010..its awesome car...nothing comparable..amazing stability ..he had all kinds of aminated expressions...

Note...I only asked him about model...:) :)

Such is the craze of fiat owners..u buy one & u;ll tell such stories to others...

U won't find such passionate owners for other cars...in India
    2 people like this.
  7. nitinjd

nitinjd Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3
  8. 5l,for 2010 e-pk,is an awesome deal,new car costs 8l on road.....You should grab the deal,try to bargain a little,but not too much keeping in mind that you are buying the car from your friend so you wouldnt want him to suffer more,isnt it?
    Dont think about reselling the car even before buying,even if you sell after 1 year you will get 4.3-4.5l for sure...
    Choose wisely...
  9. Venkat Y

Venkat Y Novizio

Thanks !! Will surely take it with some negotiation, Could u advice what are the things i need to check before i buy it to make sure it is in perfect condition i.e Engine, etc..
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2012
  10. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    calculate it by deducting 15% each year.. if it was 7.5 on road, then by now, it would have depreciated to 5.4L theoretically, then can bargain if it needed to be service/ renewal of insurance pending, touch up work needed, etc .