1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Looking for new HU

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by Ravi, Jun 11, 2012.

1. cooltaurean

cooltaurean Amatore

Mumbai
    any shop in Mumbai that can do this. if yes , would defn want to know the price and i would really want my mjd to have one of these. any details appreciated.
  2. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  3. savinvas

savinvas Novizio

Bangalore, India, India
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Friends,

I'm planning to change the HU of my Punto MJD Emotion ( 2010 Model ). The requirement is to have an HU with USB and Bluetooth facility. The following is my present set up. All modifications were done at Concorde motors Calicut before the delivery of the vehicle.
    ========================================
    HU
    Blaupunct F199 IN ( Company Fitted )
    Amplifier
    Sony XM-GTX6042/Q1IN Archived XM-GTX6042 : Xplod™ Amplifier : In-Car Entertainment : Sony India
    Subwoofer
    Sony XS-LE121C//Z1IN Archived XS-LE121C : Subwoofer : Xplod™ Speakers / Subwoofer : Sony India
    Speakers
    ( Front ) Sony XSGTF16262/C1IN Archived XS-GTF16262 : Speakers : Xplod™ Speakers / Subwoofer : Sony India
    ( Rear ) Default ones which comes with Punto. These were moved from the front to rear door. I dont know the specs.
    ========================================
    I'm happy with the present setup regarding the music quality, but I'm handicapped without having USB/Bluetooth.
    ( I'm tired of using FM transmitters to workaround this issue )

Could someone suggest a good HU which can be installed directly without much changes in this set-up

Please suggest a model which would match this setup and comes under Rs 5K

Thanks in advance.

Savin
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I am a fan of Alpine. I have used this and it was too good even without the Amps. With the Amp, it should just rock. But, I really doubt about the price. You can't get it under 5k for sure.

See this. This is the entry level model from Alpine - Alpine Audio Receiver - CDE-100E
  5. savinvas

savinvas Novizio

Bangalore, India, India
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks ramjn for the suggestion.

I was comparing pioneer DEH 1590UB
    and JVC KD X30 ( both come under 5k )

The console is costing me between 1600 to 2000

would like to hear any other suggestions too.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
  6. Price for Pioneer model looks good. Which shop you checked the price in Bangalore. Is the console you are getting a silver one or the normal black ?
  7. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    You can get the dash kit from the spare parts division at any T.A.S.S. It shouldn't cost any more than 200-300 bucks.
  8. savinvas

savinvas Novizio

Bangalore, India, India
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks nkapoor. I will check with TASS before I buy from outside.

- - - Merged Post - - -

I checked with two shops at kammanahalli. both said different price but less than 5k. They said it comes in the original colour for emotion ( must be silver )
  9. If I trust my memory, vigneshram once posted that his friend installed 2din HU in linea after some neat fabrication. You should be able to get more information from him.
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Can anyone suggest a shop in Mumbai dealing in premium Headunits with Active crossovers, TA or intermediate active crossover DSP units for connecting to regular HUs.