1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Looking for my first car - FIAT GRANDE PUNTO

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by baska, Sep 27, 2011.

1. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Congrats on the choice baska, Nice color choice btw.

I think the tires should be alright, I heard it being less griper than the Goodyear's but that's the price you pay for reduce noise I think. I will let other owners to comment about the two tires.

2. anoop

anoop Superiore

Do not swap appolo accelers for any other OEM tyres- they are one of the best quality OEM tyres you can get. If you plan to change, get it changed outside and opt for Michelin XM1+.

Happy to know that the PDI went well.
  3. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    anoop - Is XM1+ available in 195/60/R15, I couldn't find it at my local dealer. Any idea how much it's priced?
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    anoop is right, Apollo Acellere is pretty good tyre.
  5. anoop

anoop Superiore

bro, my bad :) I thought he is taking Emotion and said about Xm1+. For Epack, the option from Michelin will be Primacy LC (195/60R15)
  6. baska

baska

Chennai
    Thanks guys.
    I've decided not to change anything from my car. Let the stock tyres do the job.

Also other plans came in my mind like
    1) Changing the stock speakers to a good one
    2) Changing the bulb to more brighter one

But I've decided to do all the upgrades at one time, so it'll not happen in near future.
    I've also thought of giving the punto an Abarth look. Also one of the reasons to book Punto was this video.

MUST WATCH for all BNW Punto, see full video.

7. baska

baska

Chennai
    Alright guys, Tomorrow I should be taking the delivery of my Punto.
    Few questions :

1) Is it good for a long drive just after buying the car? Because we have planned to go to native place which is 350kms (95% highway, 5% narrow small road) from Chennai.
    2) What is the speed that I should maintain? Is 70 - 90 kmph speed acceptable?
    3) What other things have to be taken care while going for a long drive?

Thanks to teamfiat for this decision of buying Punto, you guys inspired me to buy this machine.
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Baska, have a read of this ongoing discussion . LINK

Cheers.