1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Looking for my first car - FIAT GRANDE PUNTO

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by baska, Sep 27, 2011.

1. baska

baska

Chennai
    Thanks anoop ... I hope there is no difference.
    I'll do an extensive PDI at the yard and also while delivery.
  2. baska

baska

Chennai
    I'm going to the Yard tomorrow. Hope everything is alright and the car is in good condition.
    I've taken the printouts for the PDI.
  3. nobrakes

nobrakes

Mumbai
    Good luck baska! hope everything turns out well....keep us in the loop.
  4. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    which dealer you are picking your car from. If it is VST and they are showing you a BNW check if is manufactured during march'11 and stay away from it. Sridhar in this forum advised me so looking at the car. I have booked a BNW with concorde and i am sure they do not have a BNW June make. Call me if you want at 9841160612
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Great decision Baska. Congrats.

Get the baby home fast! ;)
  6. baska

baska

Chennai
    Its VST. They said there are two BNW Emotion Pack and both are June make. My first job is to check the VIN and mfd date.

Surely, I'm very excited about punto.

Thanks, I'll share the experience here.
  7. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
  8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    BASKA download the PDI checklist from FORUM take a print out check the car throughly. :)

Best Luck :dance
  9. Maxtor

Maxtor Amatore

New Delhi
    Jumped in late on this thread. The Grande Punto is a great car. I have driven i20 and Punto almost back to back and Punto wins hands down. I see that you have rightly chosen GP and are moving ahead with your purchase plan. Let me give you a word of advice.

I bought a Linea in the first half of 2010 and since then made at around 20 trips to workshops. Trouble is, Tata-Fiat workshops are worse than govt hospitals. There is a complete lack of ownership, parts are unavailable frequently and they are totaly disinterested in touching your car. Be ready for issues, to spend a lot of time at workshop and become your street fighting best to deal with car issues. If you are one of the lucky few to face no issues then count yourself a lucky man.

There are some great forum members in Chennai. I would advice that take their mobile nos through PM and speak to them about car issues. Also make sure that you identify a decent workshop in Chennai. Truth is, if I knew that workshops in the NCR region are cr*p I would not have touched this car. So buy your car only after identifying a good workshop (if any) in Chennai.
  10. baska

baska

Chennai
    Punto at the yard

It was a 30 minute drive from the showroom to the yard (20 minutes on the highway). Sales girl and the driver came along with me and my dad. We were taken to the yard in a Red Punto 90 Hp :)
    Today was a holiday for them, but they got some permission from their higher officials.

They did not allow for a ride, but have started the engine and checked. They promised for the drive before taking delivery.
    Its a June made punto with last 3 letters as FMZ. I checked all other things which were in the PDI list (thanks to teamfiat and its author). The car was full of dust and there were no scratches. Paint quality is superb. Interior plastics were okay.
    AC was very good (We arrived around 11 am and it was very hot outside, and AC chilled the car in no time). I missed few things like how the rear seats fold, tilt steering, seat height adjust, etc. I'll do these before taking delivery, though these can be fixed later on, if they are not working. The car had Apollo Acelere tyres, is this good or should I swap them for a good tyre like Conti, Yoko, bridgestone,etc?

The odometer showed H 15 and I asked them not to reset this.
    It took more than 45 minutes to complete the PDI. I was prepared with the list, so I did it quickly and forgot to take some pictures of interior. But took few pics of exterior.
    My car was parked beside a 90 Hp BNW punto which was of April make. (I guess this is the car, which srini and srida were talking about). Overall the visit to PDI was good and my dad was driving the demo car (90hp) back to home from the yard. and he was very happy with the quality of Punto driving.

Photo0165.jpg Photo0172.jpg Photo0173.jpg Photo0175.jpg
    Photo0176.jpg