1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Looking for my first car - FIAT GRANDE PUNTO

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by baska, Sep 27, 2011.

1. srinivaschandalada

srinivaschandalada Amatore

Kakinada
    kakinada
    Grande Punto 1.3
    go for the e pack 75 bhp, but if u can help your dad by throwing in 30 k go for the 90 bhp which is available only in e pack. as paddleshifter said you really fall in love with fiat cars. i have fallen four times , for my dads fiat padmani, then for my uno,then palio and now punto.
  2. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    have you booked the Italian, Its worth owning it, and will fall in love the more you drive,
    Even i am curious to hear from you, Hw come you bypassed i20, No dounth once you feel the Punto in you no one can change your mind, its done with as the word Punto means DOT in italy, After seeing Punto there is a dot for the thinking of other cars.
  3. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    7.55 L - I am being quoted 7.63 L from Concorde from 90 HP BNW after all discounts. Can you share the breakup?
  4. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    this is what happens with many. i always had linea in my mind but was not within our reach somehow the beauty of the car trapped us and we are loving it.
  5. baska

baska

Chennai
    Thanks for the comments and the support for Punto.
    I'm not an Hyundai Employee, but I work there on behalf of our Paint company. We are a team of 35 engineers who are at Hyundai to ensure paint related stuffs are going well. Actually we are suppliers of paint and Hyundai is our Customer.

I like the Hyundai's i20 CRDi, but Punto is a different beast. Among my friends, Punto is considered as great car, all of them wanted to buy Punto, but ended buying swift, Ritz, i20, etc because of their parents, just for the name of Maruti, resale, good service, and other owner's recommendation.

From what I've heard about Punto, it has good fuel efficiency, great design (rally car), high speed dynamics, great handling and strongly built. What more do you want in a new car. I'm not at all concerned about the resale value.
    Other than that, we have lots of features on board. My dad and me have got Punto Fever. Just can't wait to get hands on it, because its new and its the first car and most importantly is a Grande Punto. We are very excited.

Progress so far . . . .

- Arrangements made for down-payment, it will be ready in a week
    - Have to go to bank for Loan details, once they are okay with the papers(salary slip, bank statement, etc), the next day we are booking a Bossa Nova White - Emotion Pack

Regarding Punto 90Hp, my dad is not at all okay, he says 75Hp car is more than enough for you as a first, lol. Somehow I managed to convince him for emotion pack from Punto Active, now if I force him for 90Hp, then I'll end up buying nothing.
    So far I'm happy that I'll get Punto Emotion Pack.
  6. Toruk_Macto

Toruk_Macto Amatore

Ghatkopar-Mumbai
    Great Decision Baska,
    My story is similar to yours. I started with Punto Active, then stretched my budget and booked Exotica Red Emotion and then again changed the decision to go for BNW emotion pack. Waiting for the delivery now. Most probably it should happen on Dashera.
  7. baska

baska

Chennai
    Congrats !! Punto emotion pack is a real value for money.
    So did you do the test drive?
  8. Toruk_Macto

Toruk_Macto Amatore

Ghatkopar-Mumbai
    Yes, I did 4 test drives in last 3 months and finalized it 2 weeks ago.
  9. baska

baska

Chennai
    Today I booked the car - Punto Emotion Pack. But the manufacture date is June 2011. Its almost 4 months old car. The dealer says they have only 2 car in the yard and both are of same month.
    Now will the car be okay? will there be any difference in recently manufactured car and that of June month car?
  10. anoop

anoop Superiore

@baska: There should not be any differences, but do a through PDI/ Take the printout and go to the yard. and do the PDI before you agree to the dealer to register the car. Check for rust in any parts inside engine bay.

You can ask for some more discount - leverage on the fact that you are taking a 4 month old car and try your luck ;)