1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Looking for my first car - FIAT GRANDE PUNTO

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by baska, Sep 27, 2011.

1. baska

baska

Chennai
    Hello friends,

I work as a Junior Engineer for Paint Shop in Hyundai Motor India(Chennai). The idea of buying a car came recently only when this thought came in mind " we paint 1800 cars per day and I still don't own
    one."

I'm so happy that my dad finally gave a green signal for buying a car. Once we decided to buy a car, the first priority was - it should be a diesel car . The next part was ' what car '?
    I came to my dad and asked which car you like from these : i20, Swift, Figo, Ritz, Indica (because we see these cars on road very frequently) .He told look for a fuel efficient car. Then the research began. The same evening when I was in a traffic jam back from the gym in my bike, a huge Red car was beside me and I was wondering what car is this? Within a minute I realized it was a Punto, and my mind said, this is out of your reach (Thinking this beauty was more than 8 lakhs). Came home and checked the price and found that active variant is 6 lakhs OTR. I had explained some features and Fuel Efficiency and he was okay. Then few days later I took him to the showroom and we both were admiring the car from every angle, but the showroom had Punto Emotion Pack with big alloys and many other features. My dad asked is this the same car we are going to buy? I said No, its almost the same car (same engine, body,etc) but less features. Then I had to research about Emotion Pack's features and explained every one of them. We both were impressed what Emotion Pack offered. And I convinced him somehow to go for at least emotion.

Now we are in a confusion about what to get
    1) Punto Emotion - Rs 7,01,670
    2) Punto Emotion Pack - Rs 7,66,342

Then we came to know about the festive offer.
    I went back to VST MOTORS Anna Nagar (Chennai) for OTR details

Punto Emotion = Rs 6,69,398 = 701670(OTR) - 22272 (insurance) - 10000 (off)
    Punto Emotion Pack = Rs 7,32,109 = 766342(OTR) - 24233 (insurance) - 10000 (off)

I have dragged my dad from Active to Emotion and also to Emotion Pack, now it should be either Emotion or Emotion Pack, depends upon my dad's financial situation, lol. And he is not at all speaking of other cars he used to love (indica, figo, etc). His favorite color is Bossa Nova White, so is mine. Lets see what will I drive a month later.
  2. M A N U

M A N U Amatore

Bangalore
    hi baska, welcome to the forum.Punto emotion Pk MJD is a great choice .
    and i am sure as you are working in the paint shop you will be able to appreciate the superior paint quality of FIAT cars.
    But i am surprised you are not interested in buying a Hyundai .I think they may be offering some good discounts to its employees.
  3. anoop

anoop Superiore

BNW is a good choice - all the best and hope your dad will agree for EP.

Curious to know why you did not look at i20 since you are working for hyundai? Not that it is a better choice than Punto, but still curious to know - if you do not mind disclosing the reason.
  4. I would suggest go for the 90 hp or atleast the emotion pack.
    These a value for the buck. Emotion is a lil overly priced for the features it offers
  5. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai
    Hello Baska, welcome aboard to the Fiat GP Family ! Like anoop and manu, im also curious for your words on Hyundai...i20 .. :) I would say you have made a very good choice...
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Baska nice decision... Go for Emotion Pack it is value for money. You will not get Blue and Me system in aftermarket.

Anoop how do u know that he is working with Hyundai? Is he your friend?
  7. anoop

anoop Superiore

Kedar, he have posted it himself ;)

8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    ohhh my mistake I missed to read that part of Baskas post.
  9. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Go for the 90HP emotion if you can, A fellow TFI'an had bought it for 7.55 L from VST Motors, Mount Road. Going by that the price of 75HP Emotion Pack you've quoted seems to be high. What seems to be missing is corporate discount and also extended warranty & RSA. I would recommend you speaking to VST Motors, Mount Road if you want to get a better deal, Also reading the recent experiences from VST Anna Nagar I would point you towards VST, Mount Road. I can PM the contact if you want.

And repeating a question of other fellow members Why not the i20, I thought as an employee you should be offered a better deal?
  10. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Once you look closely at a Grande Punto, it is hard to settle for any other car. At least on the looks part, I am sure everyone will agree. The rear headlamps, the front grill, the rear view mirrors, the design of the dashboard, my car settings, Blue&Me voice commands. It is guaranteed that you will fall in love.

Emotion Pack is worth the extra, every single rupee of it.

Yes, even I am curious. As a Hyundai employee, you can get discounts, better service etc. Why Punto over Hyundai by the way?