1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Looking for HU with Blue & Me

Discussion in 'TFI Classifieds' started by pra.agar, Jun 9, 2014.

1. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    Hi
    I'm looking for HU with Blue & Me. I don't see ppl selling any in classified. So wondering if I can find one from FASS in Bangalore. My main requirement is Blue & Me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  2. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    a set with blue and me may not solve the purpose.. will also need ECU change and wiring harness change to make it work..
    1 person likes this.
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    As Harry already explained, it is not easy to add Blue&Me in your Punto Dynamic. Its way too expensive.

You need:
    01. Punto Emotion HU
    02. Blue&Me unit
    03. Wiring harness to support Blue&Me
    04. Punto Emotion ECU
    05. Punto Emotion steering wheel with steering mounted controls without which the Blue&Me wont work.

I guess you can buy a TATA Nano in the price for the above 5 components. I had seen at 99rpm that Punto Emotion HU alone costs Rs35,000/- (Not 100% sure). Blue&Me unit costs Rs30-35,000/-. Add Rs20,000/- for ECU and the list is just half done.
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  4. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    Thanks Harry & PaddleShifter, I think getting blue & me is now not an option. But can you guys help me in getting a Bluetooth option in my fiat. I really need one.

5. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Pra.agar, your only option is to buy an old Blaupunkt HU. TFI member yok1987 was selling his HU. Its face plate (buttons on the front) is scratched n faded but you can use the face plate of your Delphi HU. Then you can add AUX and Bluetooth to your Punto. That Bluetooth will work via the AUX port only.

That above method is to preserve the looks of the steering. But my honest recommendation is to change the factory fitted stereo by the way.
    1 person likes this.
  6. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    Thanks PaddleShifter.
    So you recommend to go with other models available in market like pioneer. Because the FASS ppl say any changes in dashboard would void the warranty.

Ya I've read about the blaupunkt hu with AUX option. But not sure how good that is. As that needs to be order from Pune and will again cost me 2 -3 K.

7. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    nope.. there wont be any warranty issues as you can install an aftermarket stereo without cutting any iwres.. always go for a reputed ice installer rather than trying to save a few bucks on that..

almost all head units have bluetooth.
    button colours can be set as the same orange theme of linea/punto..
    time alignment , ipod connectivity, bluetooth, USB, CD, aux and all such features are available.
    go for something like JVC or pioneer..
    i have JVC KD R90BT model.. does have a lot of functions and the display and
    1 person likes this.
  8. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @pra.agar- An old Blaunpunkt HU can be had for 1500-2000 depending upon the condition. Anyways, what else can we get below that price anyways? Nothing comes for free. If you want Bluetooth and AUX option with current HU, you will have to spend money.

Whatever way you go, you will have to spend more than 5-6k for getting the extra features.
    1 person likes this.
  9. Nithrath

Nithrath Amatore

Hyderabad
    A new Blue n Me unit will cost nearly 12K with taxes.
    2 people like this.
  10. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    The only way I see is either go for New after market HU else buy a Bluetooth hands free separately. Thanks Guys for the feedback.