1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Looking for a Single DIN HU

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by adi231189, Apr 6, 2013.

1. adi231189

adi231189

New Delhi
    Hi guys,

Finally i decided to dump my stock HU, reason is very simple it is archaic to say the least. I don't know what Fiat was thinking giving a system without AUX and USB support. Any way i don't have CD and neither i have the patience to burn them :-D. I will not complain much since other manufactures don't even provide a HU in their Mid variants and Fiat does in its base variant itself.

So since i burnt a lot of cash purchasing the car....after taking some kind recommendations from TFI members and booking a Dynamic instead of Active (Thank you guys) ;)

So Following HU i have shortlisted currently with prices

Pioneer MVH-355BT - Rs 5600 (Snapdeal,after discount)...asked Driven and they quoted 6K none less
    Blaupunkt Helsinki 220 BT Car Stereo- Rs 7600 (Snapdeal again)---well not entirely certain about it but it looked nice :p
    Pioneer DEH-4590 - Rs 6400 (Local shop with waranty)

Currently just replacing the HU,, the speaker the next month.

p.s i am not a audiophile by any mile...and would really would like to have a BT enabled HU(helps a lot) that integrates well with our dash as much as possible

All suggestions are welcome, i would order them today itself if i get some clarity.
  2. Consider Pioneer Mixtrax one also. Demo shown on a mixtrax version was really good.
  3. adi231189

adi231189

New Delhi
    @Praveen...I thought the mixtrax hu would become a bit out of budget...
  4. Then you can go ahead with the shortlisted one. I was given this recommendation by one of the audio installer . The demo given to me was impressive. The person said while choosing HU prefer 3 RCA out.
  5. adi231189

adi231189

New Delhi
    Hmmm....I don't know abt that Praveen....let me see which one has 3RCA out of these...but out of these which one should I go for?
  6. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    but will these hu do works well with da dashboard n steering controls?
  7. adi231189

adi231189

New Delhi
    No B&M in my punto,so doesnt matter
  8. venka

venka BANNED

Regarding the Mixtrax , I am using this model Pioneeer DEH-x6500BT. It has Mixtrax , Yeah it feel good for some songs but for some songs it irritates. Again its my individual feeling. I would suggest , if some one is coming from US then asking them to pick it from there . As i got it for less than 6k($106) from Amazon. Bluetooth streaming is flawless , no need to connect phone and call quality is also good . Works with iphone . below is the link.

DEH-X6500BT - <b>NEW!</b> - CD Receiver with MIXTRAX™, Bluetooth®, USB Control for iPod®/iPhone®, and Pandora® Ready | Pioneer Electronics USA
  9. vivekrj.dieselhead

vivekrj.dieselhead Regolare

delhi
    Save a little more and get the JVC KDR90BT~12000/-, its worth every penny and famous also.
  10. adi231189

adi231189

New Delhi
    @vivek well would have but really the HU overqualifies my need for a HU :p. It is too good and i am not going to add subs and amps which will actually justify the HU. That is why i rather spend that on some other accessories. Still waiting for a recommendation on which HU will be good option?...else currently my eyes are on Pioneer 4590 BT