1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Looking for a GPS device for my car

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by ccprakash, Mar 21, 2012.

1. ccprakash

ccprakash Regolare

Bangalore
    Hi Fiatians - Please sugeest me to choose a good gps device for my car. I went through the net, but iam not getting any concrete info on the device.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Check with MapMyIndia or Satguide.in
  3. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Option 1: Buy the device and maps from MMI or satguide
    Option 2: Buy garmin device from US and only buy maps from MMI or Satguide. Satguide maps cost around Rs. 1300. Altogether, it will cost less than 10k. If you have a contact in US, you can get it through them. Check Garmin India website for devices supported in India. Also when you buy, see if you can get City Navigator India(garmin map for India) preinstalled.
  4. naveen

naveen Novizio

Hyderabad
    If you have an Android phone with built in GPS you can also think about Sygic. You can download it from Android Market and the best part is 1 week free trial after which you can choose to buy it for about 45$ and activate it.
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I just got an SMS and it reads as,

SatGuide Annual Clearance Sale, GPS Navi with entertainment starting from Rs. 1999 only, offer valid till 31st Mar, call 09949600079.
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Can anyone give a comparison between satguide PS navigation and mapmy india.
    Also I want to know whether the vehicle tracking system in MMI is a seperate device or as a part of GPS navigation device ?
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
  7. ccprakash

ccprakash Regolare

Bangalore
    Thanks fiat lover will check it out and one more thing. is it good to have the big screen or small screen. If we keep the big screen, is it will affect the road visibility.
    What is the best place to put device on dashboard?

@naveen- Thanks i will try this. how about the maps coverage for this ?
  8. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    MMI vehicle tracking solution VT1 costing Rs 16,500 is a separate device and not part of MMI GPS navigator. My MMI Lx130 navigator does not support vehicle tracking.
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  9. Herbie

Herbie Regolare

Bombay
    Grande Punto 1.4

what's your budget..maybe then we would be in a better possition to suggest. (a lot of suggestion depends on the 'm' factor )
  10. Well i am using the basic model of satguide (4.3 Navi with Entertainment ). I opted for this due to the moolah factor.
    I am somehat happy with its usage..
    However it does behave a bit cocky at times..\
    and in mumbai even after updating it with the lates map i am unable to undertsand why it never shows me the flyover routes.
    But overall a nice package at an affordable price.