1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Longest trip covered by TFIans in a single strech

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by sungoa2010, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Going by your above mention post where your avg speed was 68kms in 24 hrs you indeed crossed 1600kms :)
    68*24=1632 :)

Hail for our first Iron Butt TFIAN :)
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
  2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    But, I think the car computer calculates the time and average speed only when the car's engine is switched on. For example, I took 30 hours to reach from Mount Abu to Bangalore including the breaks. But, the MID says the trip time as 25:29 hours, i.e., it does not take into consideration the duration when the car engine is switched off. Anyway, thanks a lot for awarding Iron Butt TFI'ian! ;)
  3. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    You are right. It takes only the time for which the engine remains on, whether running or not.
    1 person likes this.
  4. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    The longest trip I have done is from Kumarakom, by the banks of the Vembanad lake to home. From Kumarakom to Kottayam then up the western ghats, past Thekkady, down the ghats, past Theni, Dindigul, Trichy, Villupuram and then home. About 740 kms and it took us 14 hours. Left in the morning at 09:15 and reached home at 23:15.

Did it in my Civic in 2012 with my family.
  5. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    1st Oct 2014 - Hyderabad(Telengana) to Kalasa( Karnataka)- Close to 950 Kms via Bangalore
    Start Time: 5:00 A.M.
    End Time: 11:00 P.M.
    Mileage: 18.3 km/l
    Total Time: 18hrs
    Car Running Time: 14 hrs 48 mins

5th Oct 2014 - Kalasa( Karnataka) to Hyderabad(Telengana)- Close to 920 Kms via Bangalore
    Start Time: 8:30 A.M.
    End Time: 12:30 A.M.
    Mileage: 17.5 km/l
    Total Time: 16hrs
    Car Running Time: 13 hrs 55 mins

Last stretch from Bangalore to Hyderabad was covered in 7 hrs flat - 600 kms without any break.

This trip was made with family and was extremely stressful as in the onward journey we were not aware of the route and once we crossed Hassan it was completely ghats roads and we lost GPS signal.

During the return leg we started late as daughter was sick and we even thought of taking a break at Kurnool which is close to 240 kms from my home. It was 9:00 p.m. when we reached Kurnool. Took a risk and drove home by 12:30 A.M as we felt she would fall more sick if we do not reach home.

The stress was more due to the fear of things going wrong rather than the drive. I could do the whole journey of 2300 kms and attend office next morning with 8 hrs of sleep. No fatigue what so ever. Hats off to Fiat.

I have promised myself to plan my future road trips better either by starting earlier around 3:00 A.M. in the morning or take a break by 7:00 p.m. in the evening.
  6. vigneshrace

vigneshrace Amatore

Chennai
    From Nagercoil to chennai!
    Started by 8 Am and reached my home in Chennai at 6.30 Pm.

Total coverage:720 kms
    Mileage:16.8
    Fiat Punto Sport
    ------------------------------------
    Also the above mentioned distance before 2 years in My brother's Fabia in 7.5 hrs
  7. ccprakash

ccprakash Regolare

Bangalore
    From Bangalore to Rajahmundry
    Started at 6:30 AM and reached Rajahmundry at 8:30PM
    Travel coverage: 870
    Mileage: 16.8
    Fiat 75Bhp

From Rajamundry to Bangalore
    Started at 5:30 AM and reached bangalore at 6:30 PM
    Travel coverage: 850kms
    Mileage : 16.3
    Fiat 75Bhp.

I felt sick while onward journey, Iam not sure is it becuause of the journey or some other thing.

Do we need to take any precautions to protect ourselves from the dust and pollution as we are almost 12+ hrs in journey continuously.
  8. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Don't remember the stats but my longest trip (one-way) yet, was to Kodaikanal from Hyderabad which was around 1100kms.
  9. Himanshukumar

Himanshukumar Amatore

BANGALORE
    Bengaluru
    Grande Punto 1.3
    From Surat (father in law's house) - Bangalore (Jeevan Bima Nagar)
    Total KM : 1318
    Start Time : 5.00 AM (23rd May 2014)
    End Time : 1.13 AM (24th May 2014)
    Total Time : 21 Hrs.
    Break Time : 2.00 Hrs.
    Car Running Time : 19.13 Hrs.
    Mileage: MID - 20.1 Actual - 19.8
    Average speed KM/H : 70

Driven with Loose Motion Hence need to stop every 1.30 Hrs approximate. During this majority time car is on because my son is sleping hence keep AC on.

No unpleasant event happen during the entire journey

Apart from my actual break time if i have not taken those 5 minutes break with car switch on, KM/H and KM/L might have gone up marginally.

Drive most of the time between 90 - 100 KM/H. Two time touched 130 KM/H to cover the time for sort burst or 100 KM
  10. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    From Mumbai to Hanumagarh (Rajasthan)

Left at 5.30 pm from Mumbai and reached Hanumangarh next day at 9 pm

About 1500 kms

The next longest at a stretch was from Manali to Jaipur for about 1100 kms. Left Manali at 6 am and reached Jaipur at 11 pm