1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Longest trip covered by TFIans in a single strech

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by sungoa2010, Aug 21, 2012.

1. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Longest drive till now: Dombivili to Bangalore and back (1024km) and it took 18hrs one way (moderate driving style)

2. Bangalore to vishakapatnam(1050 kms approx),took almost 17 hrs,and from vishakapatnam to kolkata(880 kms) approx 15 hrs.
  3. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Hyderabad to Bhubaneswar :- 1200 Km; total 18hrs 15 minutes (including breaks). Started 4:00 A.M from Miyapur, reached BBSR at 10:15 P.M.

Hyd:- 4:00 A.M
    SuryaPet:- 8:00 A.M
    Vijayawada:- 10:00- 10:30 A.M
    Rajahmundry:- 12:15- 1:00 P.M
    Vizag:- 4:00 P.M- 5:15 P.M
    Brahmapur bypass:- 7:30 P.M
    Bhubaneswar:- 10:15 P.M
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
  4. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

I have driven from Bangalore to Goa via Karwar route total 650 KM approximately in 10 hours with a Lunch break of 1 hour. This was in 2010.
    I am planning to drive to Kolkata from Bangalore in Jan 2013 which is going to be my longest trip :)
  5. bak

bak Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3
    15+ to and fro trips between Bangalore to Vijayawada (+40Km to my native) total 710Km. Best was in May 12, stated 20:00 at Bangalore reached destination at 07:00. including 3 bio breaks, 1 railway crossing, 1 fuelling (total breaks ~45min), mostly speeds in 90-100Kmph range.
  6. r2d2

This one is going to be hard to beat, i guess only the die hard enthusiasts may have done more :)

From Villipuram to New Delhi via Chennai, Chittoor, Anantapur, Hyderabad, Nizamabad, Pandharkawada, Yavatmal, Amravati, Betul, Bhopal, Biaora, Guna, Shivpuri, Gwalior, Agra almost non stop in 55 hours. If I remember right the total distance with excursions and finding ways around blocked roads (due to tree trunks) was about 3000 kms. Aside from short picnic stops, bio breaks, food breaks and 1 short nap we drove non stop (4 people with 3 drivers and 1 chatterbox).

Note, this was done in a Ford Ikon 1.3
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
  7. even i will be going to kol in jan..dates are not yet fixed...
    1 person likes this.
  8. sungoa2010

Thanks for sharing this. But the ride was not in a fiat car, but a equally good fun2Drive car. Also there were three drivers. If we include more drivers then our members probiker and Bhasker who had completed full round of GQ will be the undefeated champion. But this is not a thread to find out a champion but to simply know how much our fellow brothers have driven in their Fiat in a single strech. Still I am unable to stop mentioning that the man who had covered half of india in a single stretch with his wife in Linea is the unmatched in this forum:D
    4 people like this.
  9. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I have done Mumbai to Sirsi/Kumta (Karnataka) approx 800 kms many times. Initially it used to take about 16-18 hrs to cover this distance(single road). Now it takes around 10hrs (12 Max). Blore- Pune with an 2 hrs Lunch break at a relatives house @ Dharwad (12 Hrs/840 kms). Mumbai - Sawantwadi - Mumbai same day with 2-3 hrs halt @ Kudal/Sawantwadi 1100 kms/ 18 hrs. :)

Grande Punto 1.3
    Have done 1300 Kms ( Hyd to shirdi and back ) ....22 Hrs total drive... we would have reached before but one of my intelligent friend took route 2 in GPS as a result ... we drove through very rough interiors in Maharastra ... between Ahmednagar and Beed ( we took left before ahmednagar ..through shevgoan and enrouted towards Beed :) )
    Most horrrible was 10 kms stretch i have driven my car in 1st and 2 nd gears..:sad1