1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Long drive trip on new Punto

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by ajay.sarin, Oct 20, 2011.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Avoid sudden and hard braking. This helps in bedding the brakes in well ( most general way of doing it).

BUT, god forbid if there is a need to brake hard and sudden, then don't hesitate to do so.

Since you're at 400 or km's already, so most of the brake bedding-in work would be over by now. Enjoy the drive as is.
  2. sashank82

sashank82

Gurgaon
    I really don't see a reason to worry...!

I picked my car from the showroom and drove down 1000 KMs in 2 days - it was my engagement and i wanted to be there in my new BNW GP. The car drives like a breeze, just avoid pressing the a/c pedal too hard (as advised by fellow TFIans) and don't be surprised if you find crazy amount of brake dust on you wheels - i was shocked to see my alloys after the trip!:eek:
  3. drarvindc

drarvindc

Nagpur
    I took mine for 1200 kms (delhi - nagpur) within week of purchase and 300 kms of city running. All the way we kept it between 80-100 km/hr and did 600 kms a day. No side effects observed all the way or after the journey. I have always believed in run-in period for brand new vehicles... be it scooter / bike or now the car.

Arvind
  4. ajay.sarin

ajay.sarin

New Delhi
    Thank you all guys, we droved 800 KMs in a stretch yesterday, although we found couple of really bumpy road patches but GP have taken it well :)

Although got FE of 18.8 KMPL, may be due to busy highway and bad road patches, but really happy with GP performance, amazing handling and suspenisions. :):)