1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Log for Bandoo's Linea T Jet 2013 TW Emotion

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by bandoo, Sep 28, 2013.

1. bandoo

bandoo Timido

PUNE
    Dear Members,

Took the delivery of my Linea T Jet Tuscan Wine Emotion on Sep 9th, 2013, on an auspicious day of Ganesh Chaturthi. The Dealership experience with Pandit Auto, Model Colony, was very warm, helping and forthcoming.

Due to crowded roads during Ganapati days, the movement of car was restricted to few places, and yesterday finally decided to take a Mumbai trip. Started at 0600 hrs and reached Fort area in flat 3 hours with peak speed of 110 KMPH, took Express Way, and Eastern freeway. However, on return , evening time, the Eastern freeway was blocked at entry and exit, and came through a crowded Friday returning traffic of Mumbai to Pune... 5 hours flat . During the journey, the car was stable beyond doubt, and at no point it has any stress, at any speed.

Being a Siena ELX Petrol user for last 14 years, this car has some startling differences, especially with power and comfort.. however on consumption pattern it is more of a confusion.

So far clocked 800 odd kilometres, and yet to learn many things and techniques. Just sharing few points :

1. All wheels of the car are 17" metallic alloy, tubelss, however the Spare tyre provided , was 16" and normal wheel. The reason , we accepted from dealership is
    a> Reminder to get re-instate the original 17" in quickest possible time.
    B> cost reduction...

2. A little accounting on fuel bills and display of following details and records may provide some inputs for those who are an expert in this arena , on ever depleting levels of AVG A & AVG B... and a kind advice on, "to improve my financial position.." as a reciprocation is highly welcome..! Also attached the photos, which I took as enthusiasm , proves to be very helpful...

[TABLE="class: grid, width: 500, align: center"]
    <tbody>
    Date
    Odo Reading
    Qty Liters
    Trip Kms
    Avg Speed
    AVG A
    AVG B
    Remarks

09/09/2013
    NA
    NA
    NA
    Delivery Date

14/09/2013
    NA
    City Drive

23/09/2013
    City Drive

27/09/2013
    NA
    City+Mumbai

28/09/2013

Parked Idle

</tbody>[/TABLE]

3. At any odd times... the front doors and boot flap takes 2-3 iterations for proper closure and/or open..

Otherwise, everything is a bliss...!

Shall be posting..., as I learn more on her ...

Have a nice weekend..

Thanking you,

Bandoo

559_AB.jpg

393_AB.jpg

226_AB.jpg
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Bandoo - congrats on your buy. Fret not buddy, your mileage is actually improving. Those pictures tell me that the value is litres / 100 kms, so the lesser the better, ain't it :D

Will check the manual and guide on how to change that tp kmpl, unless someone beats me to it.

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  3. onlymakarand

onlymakarand Amatore

Bhusawal
    Rajan, Plz do that for me too! i am also confused abt this thing in my linea! cheers!! :)
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    OK Found it.

Set units (Unit of measure)
    With this function it is possible to set the units through three sub-menus: “Distances”, “Consumption” and “Temperature”.
    Proceed as follows to set the required unit:
    – briefly press button MENU ESC to display the three sub-menus;
    – press button+ or – to surf the three submenus;
    – select the required sub-menu and then press briefly button MENU ESC;
    – when accessing the “Distances”submenu: briefly press MENU ESC: either “km” or “mi” will appear on the display (according to the previous setting);
    – press + or – to make your choice;
    – when accessing the “Distances”submenu: briefly press MENU ESC: either “km” or “mi” will appear on the display (according to the previous setting);
    – press + or – to make your choice;

– when you are in the “Consumption” submenu:
    briefly press MENU ESC: either “km/l, Lit/100km” or “mpg” will appear on the display (according to the previous setting);
    If the distance unit set is“km” the fuel consumption unit will be displayed in km.
    If the distance unit set is “mi” the fuel consumption unit will be displayed in “mpg”.
    – press button + or – for setting;

– when accessing the “Temperature” submenu:
    - briefly press MENU ESC: either “°C” or “°F” will appear on the display (according to the previous setting);
    – press button + or – for setting;

Rajan
    3 people like this.
  5. navi_tjet

navi_tjet

Bangalore
    Congratulations Bandoo, welcome to TFI and welcome to TJET club. Where are the pictures man? We at TFI love to see the pictures :). Wish you a safe and exhilarating ownership of the mighty Jet.
  6. bandoo

bandoo Timido

PUNE
    Dear PatchyBoy,

Great revealation... simple things can make life miserable ...and pleasurable as well... The forum like this a boon for novices like myself..

Thanks for relieving from a a tension being built up.. as just could not understood the abbreviation and.. acronyms on display.. Shall start reading the manual like Geeta, Bible, Kuran....

Thanks Rajan...!

All the best..

Bandoo
    1 person likes this.
  7. MakeTheMove

MakeTheMove Regolare

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Congratulations Bandoo and welcome to TFI and TJET club.
    Wish you many happy miles with your T-Jet.

Dealing with Pandit Auto model colony for me was also a warm experience and felt staff is very supportive.

Drive Safe!
  8. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Congratulations Bandoo on the Jet beauty;). Please post some drool worthy pics of the Linea.

Happy many more jetscaping miles, drive safely.
  9. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    Congrats Bandoo on the T Jet. Is it just me or we seeing quite a few new T Jets in the forum?

Please do post some pics of your beauty.
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Congratulations :)

Let's see some exterior pics of the Jet.