1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Live Young....Live Free

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Omar, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Omar

Omar Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    A big HELLO to all the esteemed enthusiasts of this site.

My name is Omar and I am presently based in Bangalore. A complete travel buff, I love to explore places. Long drives energize me, nothing like putting your foot to the pedal and crunching miles by the minute. After the daily grind of the week, weekend trips prove to a great stress buster.

This is my first post in TFI and there is a reason for the same - Today, I booked a White Punto EVO (Emotion) 93 PS after a lot of deliberations, research and what not.

It took me a while to convince myself not to go for any other car besides a FIAT and the reason was very simple - no other brand invokes as much passion and fanfare as FIAT does. Critics be damned - I let my heart rule over the head and hope its the right choice I have made.

The ultimate toss up was between the TJET and the Punto. I settled for the latter, since I intend to use the car for my daily commute between home and office, along with the long drives thrown in.

Please stay tuned to this thread. I shall be updating further details as my booking progresses to the next stage.
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
  2. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Congrats @Omar !!
    And welcome to the TFI !!
  3. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats in Advance Omar. Do post your buying experience. Welcome to TFI.
  4. Omar

Omar Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Thank you for the wishes gentlemen. I have booked my car thru KHT Fiat @ Domlur in Bangalore.

I would also request for some guidance on the insurance. Can anyone please share their experiences on Future Generali? I have kept my options open, but it appears that I will lose out on the free insurance FIAT is offering, should I opt for any other company.
  5. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Congrats Omar !
    Warm Welcome to Fiat family.
  6. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Congrats @Omar. Fiat India is offering 5X5 offer. Please check their website and make sure to avail it.
  7. Omar

Omar Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Thank you for your wishes Saket - the 5X5 offer comes with certain conditions (like 75% loan on the ex-showroom price I guess) - so not much of any use.

I could do with the trip to Italy though ;-)
    VIJENDRA SINGH and prabhjot like this.
  8. Omar

Omar Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Can I please request member opinions/feedback on Future Generali Insurance ?

Thanks...
  9. dhinas

dhinas Novizio

chennai
    chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    My punto 1.3 emotion had future genrali Feb 2014_feb 2015 during that tenure I had no issues with them claimed 2 times only 1000Inr I spent in both claims RDC fiat offered as an offer for me during my booking,
  10. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @Omar

Congratulations on the Punto and welcome to the forum. Looking forward for your ownership thread with lots of pics. So you have booked a 90HP Evo right?

Future Generali is the Fiat authorised Insurer for the Fiat vehicles. They are good but depends mainly on the workshop relationship with which they are tied up. Their customer support isn't that great as per my experience in the first year before I switched to Royal Sundaram. Add to that they dont have online Insurance purchase except for renewals. Talk to the workshop where you will be servicing the car mostly for a better update.

Wondering why did you use XUV5OO tag line for your introductory thread.