1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

little experiment with tail light

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by pulkit, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Pulkit/Neel,
    whats the material you have used to decorate ;) the tail lamp ?
  2. bro its just vinyl... black coloured
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
  3. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    @ Ganges...

Yes.. as Pulkit said... Its Vinyl detailing done over Tail Lights...

@ Pulkit...

Yes.. This time its direct over Bumper Body... earlier I used to take the Acrylic Sheet for number plate and used to get it colored same as the body color - BNW by computer matching and developed... but now its directly on the bumper body, so no slightest chances of differentiation of colors... Looks Better... :)
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Neel/Pulkit.
    Thanks for the info.
    Cant we use sunfilms ?
  5. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

SORRY...same here

---------- Post added at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 PM ----------

try white as well..
  6. i also wanted to try sunfilms but it dsnt stick..
    so had to go with the vinyl..
    1 person likes this.
  7. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    @ Ganges....

Moreover, even darkest Sunfilms are semi-transparent.. so It looks good in daytime but not at night as the tail-light's light would pass through it... it wont serve the purpose of the detailing done...
  8. What if we smoke them? Completely black...there is a chemical available like a spray paint...any idea about that?

I wanted to start a thread but first i thought ill look intk this...
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Harsh I bought VHT spray paint from eBay to smokeout the tail lights in black color.
  10. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Please understand its very risky covering up tail lights like that. Worldwide companies are doing R&D to ensure better mechanism to have brighter and eye catching tail lights to ensure drivers safety. During night time, blacking of tail light in this way might confuse or might not recognize if a car is in front of him. Also in day light follower might not see your braking lights.

Few things are designed keeping in mind the ensuring safety, kindly avoid playing with those things.

Having said this, i would say it creative, but not safe.
    5 people like this.