1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Little advice needed regarding recoil in 1st & 2nd gear

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Saumya Daan, Sep 23, 2012.

1. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    It could be a fuel supply problem due to vaporizing of the fuel, especially since you mentioned that it is happening when it is hot and during peak summer. The initial fuel supply to the injection line could be vapourized until the liquid feed comes in from the tank. Take it up with a mail to fiat as TASS may not be thinking on different lines.

Abdul
  2. I read some where in TFI that faulty fuel cut off switch is replaced to correct jerking problem during gear shift. If my memory is good, it is done in a 90HP punto. You could check this as well.
  3. Saumya

Saumya Amatore

mumbai
    Well guys .... the jhatka went away after the second service and now again has re started.... n yea it happens only in the lower gears i.e 1 and 2 mostly... n also i feel the clutch has become a lil hard sorts.... my leg starts to ache now if I do a lil more of driving .... which was never the case earlier !! ;(
  4. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    if the clutch gets hard grease/oil the clutch fork and it will be butter smooth. the sc at rajkot does this practice and the results are excellent. one guys keeps pumping the clutch from inside while one keeps on dripping the oil on the clutch fork. try it
  5. Saumya

Saumya Amatore

mumbai
    hey guys... I went to the TASS yesterday for a MID-Service check at 22500 kms and also had some minor issues to check. (My Ferrari :) is a Linea MJD 1.3 Emotion)

Got my tyre rotation done (TASS did Cross Rotation).
    I also asked them about the little jerk but then they say that it is usual in a Diesel car and that I need to change the driving style. so my question here is :

1. What speed / RPM should i be changing gears? I mean what is the ideal driving style to adopt ?? --&--

2. Now that the tyre rotation has been done, u think I must do a wheel balance and alignment? Cos there is a lil vibration in the steering wheel and also i read some where that the jerks from suspensions may be due to improper wheel balancing / alignment...

Kya Karu ??!!
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I felt best RPM is around 2K in normal traffic, and ~2.5 on highways.

Yes get the balancing and alignment done.
    2 people like this.
  7. Saumya

Saumya Amatore

mumbai
    Guess what guys... the noise & jerks from the suspension and all that has vanished after the wheel balancing and alignment ... wow.. feels as good as the old days..!!
    Well i must share one thing though.. i had a sprained neck while driving before the wheel balancing was done as the car was pulling horribly to the right when the steering wheel was left free. And un knowingly in my one hand driving style i would apply pressure to pull the car straight and hence apply pressure on my neck. Damn... just shared this.. so that we must not ignore as it could lead to some serious sprains cos this is a god damm heavy machine.... & as per the mechanic he says.. its advisable to do WB & WA in every 5000 - 6000 kms.... i so am going to remember this man.. !!
  8. Saumya

Saumya Amatore

mumbai
    GRRRR...again a new issue at 23k kms....i wasn't happy with the drive and handling of the car....they did a check and say that the SHOCK-UPS have given way (Once pressed down it takes a while to come up) and need to be replaced and also as I have been complaining about the clutch (Jhatka) issue they have offered to change the entire clutch kit..!! So New Shock-Absorbers & Clutch Kits to be changed in the coming weeks Under Warranty !!

Now, I have requested them to first change the shock-ups and then later on I will change the clutch kit as I m told that after 30000 kms the clutch warranty voids.
    Any Advice Guys ??
    Also I plan to take the car to PUNE next week... thinking of visiting the FIAT Caffe to seek expert advice. hopefully I get some one there who can give me a second opinion!!