1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

List Petrol and Diesel Prices by City and Petrol Pumps

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by livelyyoungman, May 5, 2011.

1. OT
    sir take my photo with you. she will allow you inside happily.plus you might get VIP treatment

sir you are thinking about karizma
    I have a 2stroke stable with me..
    any ideas where I can store that much fuel for my lifetime??
    Last edited: May 14, 2011
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

@srikar bhai

Even if petrol crosses 100, riding your RD will give you a feel that'll make you forget all the prices and the worries. Cheers!

P.S. Can you mail me your bike's pic at : guri131@gmail.com
  3. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

>> Even if petrol crosses 100, riding your RD will give you a feel that'll make you forget all the prices and the worries. Cheers!

+1 to that

I recall petrol prices was under 30 when I first filled my RX-100, now 70, Mileage dropped, fuel price hiked, think other side, our income levels have also gone up -- the only thing that is never changed is the RIDE OF THE BIKE
  4. sir I accept that.
    rdiding Rd makes you forget every thing. but the only problem being my pocket money cut down thanks to me buying punto...
    now i have less pocketmoney plus 1 more vehicle to maintain
  5. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

My 1.4 FIRE will be left with no Fire
    This machine will go into Museum soon

5 Months Old, 5.85Lakh on road
    62.42 / ltr when I bought the car
    7500kms on ODO - Current coverage
    Avg 13.5kmpl - Overall Avg (Approx)
    Fuel Consumed -555.55 ltrs
    Money spent on Fuel in last 4 odd months - Rs34677

Best part : 2 TFI Meets , 1st in Delhi India Gate and 2nd in Pune at Pandit Auto
    And an adventure trip to Goa
  6. cubbie
    never mind..
    most of the diesel cars will follow the suit..

diesel to be hiked by 4 rupees very shortly.

please change the thread title to Fuel price hike thread..all the further fuel prices might as well be diiscussed here. and the other thread only for the prices
  7. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    Don't be so sure. Diesel is a political issue unlike petrol.
  8. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Diesel wont go up so easy... too much political resistance....
    Petrol is 68.33 in Pune now :(

An Indicative calculation:

If the price of petrol stands at Rs 58.90, the break up of cost as calculated by the Indian Government is as follows:
    Basic Price: Rs 28.93
    Education Tax: Rs 0.43
    Dealer commission: Rs 1.05
    Excise duty: Rs 14.35
    VAT: Rs 5.5
    Petrol Custom: Rs 1.54
    Crude Oil Custom duty: Rs 1.1
    Transportation Charge: Rs 6.00
    Total price: Rs 58.90

Do hell with these taxes....
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2011
  9. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

With above calculation we are paying approx Rs22 in taxes which accounts to 90 odd % on top of the total basic price.. this is ridiculous.

Plus, Oil companies in India losing Rs5 odd on petrol every liter even after the hike
    Besides petrol, it loses Rs. 18.19 per litre on diesel, Rs. 29.69 a litre on kerosene and Rs. 329.73 per 14.2-kg LPG cylinder.

Read more at: http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/petrol-price-hiked-by-rs-5-per-litre-105751?cp
  10. The Burning FUEL

We all were already reeling under the high cost of fuel and another hike of Rs5 for a litre of fuel puts the common man's house hold under tremendous pressure. Oil companies have given a clear cut explaination that this is hike is corresponding to the high price of crude oil which is as of 13th May, at $ 99.87/ barrel i.e. Rs 28.266/ Litre. The cost of processing oil to petrol/diesel is Rs 0.6/ Litre. Add another Rs 6 as capital cost for the refinery. Hence, the cost of all this comes to 34.86 for a litre of petrol. Surprising???

Well don't be. The Taxes levied on Rs 34.86 for the litre of fuel can be classified as below (Source - http://www.pib.nic.in/newsite/erelease.aspx?relid=61190):
    Excise duty : 14.35 rupees per liter
    Customs duty : 7.5 percent
    Sales tax or VAT : 20 percent.
    Taxes Levied by the state. Varies from state to state

Now the question is this: With each hike in fuel prices, why does the govt/Oil companies claim that the hike is in line with Internation fuel prices? There is such a huge component of taxes on processed oil but nobody seems to have a look at that? The Oil companies say that they are loosing money and i'm quoting them here "losses on fuel sales were forcing the company to borrow Rs 8,000 crore every month.". The money is being borrowed from the govt here. And the govt accumulated that money by levying higher taxes on us in the first place. Instead of this, why weren't the taxes reduced on the first place????

I understand that there are Fiscal targets of the budget which the govt. has to achive and taxes form a larger component of them. But if you think of the longer term, the prices of fuel wont be coming down. And in the real world, there still isn't an alternative to petrol. We do not have electric cars or cars with a fuel cell that don't cost a bomb. For god's sake, a Hrbrid car ike Toyota Prius costs almost 30 lakhs INR to bring on the indian roads (13 lakh INR is the car's value + 110% import duty + Road tax + Registration). In most of india, including the urban centers, public transport is still not good enough. So what is the solution here? And is any of the money which the govt. is collecting from us is being spent on this? Where do we go forwards from this? It is a question which requires deep thought.

However, there is a small bite that we can do on our part to save fuel. DON'T BRAKE!!! I know it may sound ridiculous but just think about it. Every time you brake, all you do is convert energy from fuel into waste heat. Thus everytime you brake, you convert your hard earned money in heat! Instead, just lift the foot off the acceerator when you are approaching a traffic light. Today's modern engines are built such that at speed while in gear, if you lift your foot off the accelerator then the engine will consume NO FUEL AT ALL!!! So you are travelling free of cost for those last 200 feet while approaching that traffic signal or round about.
    Think about it.

P.S - Mods, if required, please merge this an appropriate thread.