1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Liqui Moly Ceratec experience

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by RaviInTfi, Jan 8, 2018.

1. RaviInTfi

RaviInTfi Amatore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Hi guys,

Has anyone any experience with using Liqui Moly Ceratec engine oil additive for friction modification ? I wanted to use it on Punto 1.4 because the engine sounds harsh and does not revv well beyond 3200 rpm. I have heard rave reviews on Amazon.in and Amazon.

2. RaviInTfi

RaviInTfi Amatore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Hi all,

I have put
    Liqui Moly 20002 Cera Tec Friction Modifier (300 ml)

in my Punto 1.4 since 2 years (Didn't get time so far for review !)

The engine oil I use is Shell HELIX Ultra

Here is the experience:

For a couple of 100 kms there is not much difference. After that the effect starts kicking in. The engine becomes butter smooth. Already the 1.4 is a smooth engine with Selenia engine oil. But in recent times due to a lot of city driving the engine had become rough. But after the use of Ceratec the engine has become noiseless. So much so as claimed by LiquiMoly the engine is like a new one now :)

I think I get a 1-2 km extra mileage on highway driving (low-end torque is so much better). City driving I do not see much of a difference. But certainly the engine is not getting rougher when driving daily in bumper to bumper traffic

So summing up: This is a product that actually works compared to many on the market! It is highly recommended of for all engines, but more so for petrol engines due to a further reduction of NVH and improving efficiency and keeping the engine new and smooth high revving - this one for the petrol-heads :))
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 13, 2019 ---
    After running 15L kms its still good but effect is wearing off. So I plan to use

Liqui Moly Molygen Generation 5W-40 ACEA A3,ACEA B4,API SN Fully Synthetic Engine Oil (4 L)

And i will write a review after that

C_S, limraj and rajks like this.
  3. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Which is additive is best for 1.3 MJD. I use Selenia engine oil. My Punto has already travelled 92k kms.

4. RaviInTfi

RaviInTfi Amatore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Hi Sumit,

I believe Ceratec works for Diesel engines too as can be seen by some reviews on Amazon.in

There are lots of additives out there. I zeroed in on Ceratec after reading reviews at international usage.

Also I found that the

Liqui Moly Molygen Generation 5W-40 ACEA A3,ACEA B4,API SN Fully Synthetic Engine Oil (4 L)

is the preferred and best selling oil in Germany. It has rave reviews as well