1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

linea's suspension VS punto

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by theblack, Jul 30, 2013.

1. me_at_fiat

me_at_fiat Regolare

Mumbai, Pune
    yes quite possible!!!!:-D
  2. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

But the question is Punto 75 over a Linea?

- - - Merged Post - - -

I have driven a Punto for good distance,i find the suspension behaviour to be similar.
  3. the_crusader

the_crusader Amatore

Linea 1.4
    I am on the same page as you on this.
    One of my friends purchased 75HP Punto around the same time I purchased Linea.
    When we drove both of them side by side, both of us had this feeling. But we found that Linea's underbody use to scrape more compared to Punto mostly because of longer wheelbase. Some of the reasons I can think of for the difference in suspension behaviour:-

1) Weight of the car and also weight balanace between front and red end of the car.
    2) Difference in wheelbase
    3) Need to check strut mounts if they are same or different.
    4) May be a different shock absorbers as mentioned by few TFIians.

Have you tried to notice this, when your Punto is fully loaded?
    That observation may give us some hint.
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Yep, it's good enough for 80-90% of the tasks which the Linea can accomplish in an almost similar manner.

However, the Linea is in it's own league on the open roads as you very well know ;)

5. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Thats why i asked;)
  6. Hope this clarifies the difference!
    IMG_20130815_081917.jpg IMG_20130815_081926.jpg IMG_20130815_081951.jpg
    2 people like this.
  7. I have a linea 2011 emotion model, My brother has a 90hp punto 2012 model and my youngest one has 2008 punto 75 active model. Recently we upgraded to mag wheels on my linea and punto 75 (Both with 15 inch, PCD98, HRS 6.5j wheels) . The punto has goodyear 195/60 and my linea has yokohama 195/65 tires (has improved the ground clearance and my linea never scrapped any speed breaker like before). In my experience with these cars.
    1. Linea has softer suspension and coupled with the extra profile, sails smoothly. But has significant body roll. Its good for people who love sedate long drives. Not for the ones who love cornering.
    2. Punto 90 2012 rides stiff and love to corner it and behaves better than any car I have seen. But on bad roads it feels a little uncomfortable. (Tires are stock 195/60 Apollo Acceleres. Tire noise from acceleres are enormous, but tire life is good . My bro has done 34000 kms and a lot of tread is still left).
    3. The Punto 75 after the wheel/tire upgrade seems to handle superbly in par with the punto 90. But the suspension seems to be softer than punto 90, not as soft as linea though. I would suggest that this wheel/tire upgrade is a must for puntos, the handling with the 14 inch 165/80 stock tires was horrible.
    1 person likes this.
  8. +1 to that.

Whenever I am back from a Long Trip in my Punto loaded with me, my wife, 2 yr old son and our luggage, I feel like the ride is smoother and better. After the trip for the next 2 days I will have a feeling like the suspension has worn out (I will be the only person in the car). After 2 days it gets better. This is like a pattern that happens every-time I am back from a long trip. While setting off for a trip last time, I realized this and observed the behavior till the 2 days after the trip. It repeats. All I could imagine is the suspension is used to the additional weight, becomes softer and all of a sudden when all the weight is removed it becomes stiffer and takes time (2 days) to come to normal. Is it possible ???
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2013
  9. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Linea's front struts can be fit into Punto directly.

Raghu and Imran bhai have tried that. :)
  10. Are rubber bushes part of struts? As you can see above in my previous post, it says about rubber bushes difference in punto and linea
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2013