1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

linea's suspension VS punto

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by theblack, Jul 30, 2013.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    but i find that the front suspension is the culprit in case of the punto, most of the squeaks and plunks are heard from the front only. So i doubt if ^^ can be quantified in anyway
  2. dr.stephen

dr.stephen Amatore

cochin
    Cochin,Kerala
    Linea 1.3
    @ theblack, for linea no thud sound at all when we take a bump.But post 12 Linea is slightly bumpy.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2013
  3. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    yes i know that and hence this thread :)
    But what could be so different that the end result is such an obvious change in the ride quality, is my question :(
  4. me_at_fiat

me_at_fiat Regolare

Mumbai, Pune
    One of the EFASS confirmed that Linea Punto both share same suspensions..just mountings are diff!!:)
  5. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    hmm. then the mounting can have some sort of juggad or proper work up to make it better, i guess
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Both ride equally well ( to me ).

Punto does not have the rear anti-roll bar which the Linea does. To differentiate between the two is akin to splitting hairs, really. When I drive the Linea, I like it more and when I drive the Punto, I like it more than the Linea. :D

Cheers.
    6 people like this.
  7. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    but have you never felt that the suspension is more polised in linea than in the punto?
    That's the big question
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Not really. My experience is based on the pre-GC increase cars. Both the Linea & Punto (75hp) I talk of are 2011 models. Infact if I had to choose between the two , I wouldn't hesitate in selecting the Punto as the more fun to drive vehicle.

Just my personal view. Let me put my flame suit on now.

Cheers.
    3 people like this.
  9. me_at_fiat

me_at_fiat Regolare

Mumbai, Pune
    @ gurjinder
    Yes no doubt about that, Punto is more fun to drive than Linea.:p

surprisingly!! when i asked couple of FASS about difference between Linea and Punto Suspensions they were puzzled. They said 'Sir never tried to find out or never installed suspensions from Punto to Linea or other way round. Where as Mumbai FASS confirmed that both have same setup just mountings are different. Now, if that's the case why do we have 2 separate GC kits for Punto and Linea? they both have different part numbers. So, can you also check with your mechanic or FASS as well?
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
  10. part numbers may be different due to assembly line.