1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

linea's suspension VS punto

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by theblack, Jul 30, 2013.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I've been trying to understand a few things with punto/linea suspension and after having driven my punto for 3 years and different lineas (09-12 models) i have come to a conclusion . Please advice on these things.

I've always found that punto's suspension is not as polished as the lineas. Whenever i go over a hump ,i hear a squeak here and a 'plunk' noise there.
    I've just not heard that in lineas.
    I've tried a lot to see if there are any suspension damages in my car but i find most puntos have this same issue.
    Is there anything different between the 2 and is it possible to do something about these suspension noises?

Please note that there is no problem in my suspension but it just doesn't feel polished like the linea
    1 person likes this.
  2. me_at_fiat

me_at_fiat Regolare

Mumbai, Pune
    dude this is what i just posted in other thread...

"Would really like to know that does the GC kit for Linea is different than the GC kit for Punto 1.3? Is it possible to fit the Linea Suspensions to Punto?? just curious to know.

If they are not compatible then does anyone know whats the difference between both the suspension setup?:confused:"

even i would like to know if we can fit the Linea suspensions to Punto 1.3.
  3. True finding, Ride quality of Linea is simply superb, driving both cars on the same road i have found that Punto shudders. There should be a difference IMO
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
  4. Longer wheel base does make a difference to ride quality.Linea being longer has better ride.
  5. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Actually there is just about 9cms of difference between the 2 cars . i dont think it will make such a huge difference, does it?
    Linea = 2603mm
    punto = 2510mm
  6. 9 cms is quite a lot, Linea has longer wheel base than even Vento or Rapid, may be the longest in the segment.
  7. me_at_fiat

me_at_fiat Regolare

Mumbai, Pune
    does that mean that the suspension setup is same in both Linea and Punto and we can swap it without any problem?
  8. I checked in 99rpm site part numbers are different for Punto and Linea
  9. me_at_fiat

me_at_fiat Regolare

Mumbai, Pune
    Yes @sat,

I got so excited with this thought and I even drafted them an email about it and i received a response from them saying

[TABLE="class: cf gJ"]
    [TR="class: acZ"]
    [TD="class: gF gK"][TABLE="class: cf ix, width: 797"]

99rpm Sales
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]
    [TD="class: gH, align: right"]1:37 PM (2 hours ago)
    cleardot.gif
    [/TD]
    [TD="class: gH, align: right"][/TD]
    [TD="class: gH acX, align: right"]
    cleardot.gif
    cleardot.gif
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR="class: acZ xD"]
    [TD="colspan: 3"][TABLE="class: cf adz, width: 962"]

[TD="class: ady"]to me
    cleardot.gif [/TD]
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

"These are different products as per underlying specification."
    cleardot.gif

These guys are really fast!!::T
    But that doesn't justify if both these are diff products or similar products.
  10. PKMohan

PKMohan Amatore

Bangalore
    Also there must be some difference in the way suspension behaves due to boot hanging at the end, even if the suspension is same. Front and Rear weight distribution might be different in these cars.