1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea with a touchscreen for GPS+Media+reverse parking+deadly Base!!!!

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by tushargn, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    Grande Punto 1.3

A Focal solid 4 or a bull audio 4.200 should do just fine.

If u can get ur hands on a alpine 9887 then nothing like it as the 8016BT is not that impressive for the money paid
  2. tushargn

tushargn Amatore

Ok Phew. would check Alpine 9887 as well today. Already planned a visit to a blau dealer at Pune in the eve as suggested by kedarbendre. Kedar suggested he is good with Fiat and thats what i am looking for, some assembler for ICE and who knows Linea at least more than me :p

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

On my active Linea, is it possible to replace steering wheel with OEM which has sterring mounted controls n later match those controls with aftermarket HU?
  3. anoop

anoop Superiore

I think that may not be easy, but you can buy after market steering wheel remote and can use that.

Few other options in HU -

Pioneer DEH-2390UB CD Receiver with Front USB Port ~ about 5200 rs
    Pioneer DEH-4390UB USB Direct Control for iPod/iPhone ~ about 6800 rs
    Pioneer DEH-3390UB CD Receiver ~ about 5800rs
    Pioneer CD Receiver DEH-7350BT ~ about 11000 rs
    Kenwood KDC-U7046BT ~ about 11000 rs
  4. Viny

Viny Esperto

Great to see another enthusiast here :)
    Congrats on your purchase and best of luck for ICE investments :
    Getting back to your requirements, I understand you are looking for a good touch panel system with great audio, this is what i would suggest

1. Get a 2 din Car PC with touch screen / Get android tablet - both can have gps, wifi, 3g, lots of apps and many more features than just the plain HU.
    2. Decide about kind of sound stage you want and then decide upon what equipments you need, just dont go by brand name and price, listen to speakers and then figure out which gives the kind of feel that you want, carry your songs and listen same on different setups. Like Infinity Kappa gives high pitch clarity where as Blaupunkt are more soft.
    3. Dont go for amp and woffers just by watt figures, check out how well it gels into your setup, most of setups in india are focused on boom boom and boom...so all you get is boom boom but no clarity, everything is lost in boom boom, try to bring in harmony between sound stage and woofer.

In india people decide ICE setups based on price and brand names and not on how it sounds or gels for there liking, thats where all the issue lies. I understand not all have idea about how to go for ICE, so they are cherry picken by installers. But then guys who are net savvy should atleast give a more practical try .

And the reason to buy emotion pack is not inbuilt audio and steering mount but majorly
    -> Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) with EBD
    -> 3- Point ELR Seat Belts with Pretensioners & Load Limiter
    -> Dual Stage Front Driver & Passenger Airbag

Not to say Blue and ME with Eco Drive has been a big boon too :)
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2012
  5. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Very valid points that you have brought out Viny. I totally agree with you.

6. tushargn

tushargn Amatore

Thanks Anoop, I saw a kenwood 1Din HU with 4 lines' display and BT connectvity, forgot the model number but was~8k. anyone using it?

Yeh Viny,
    I second on that! nothing as good as a loaded car! however due to unavailability and waiting period were made me go for whatever they had in stable! now gonna try my hands around on ICE. and yeh, blue n me must b a great feel to use, i think i have to get Bluetooth HU to get that feature.

me too :)

---------- Post added at 05:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

Is it possible to change Active's steering wheel to emotion's and get the steering mounted controls sync'd with aftermarket HU?
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2012
  7. tushargn

tushargn Amatore

so finally post delivery and with help of all the discussion and my own judgement with different trials, following has been setup in the car.

Kenwood KDC-U4549 HU :
    • System Q EX (Preset & Manual Sound Control with 3 bands parametric EQ)
    • Bass Boost, Maximum Output Power : 50W x 4 (MOSFET Power IC)
    • Front AUX Input, 3 Preout (2.5V), Subwoofer Level Adjustable
    • System E's+ (Built-in HPF & LPF)

This detected my 16gb jump drive easily and remote is also easy to operate. The bluetooth ready HU can connect to phones with an external adaptor. Grrrr, OK!

Helix B62C Dark Blue : componants in front doors.
    Helix B 6X : co-axials for rear door and

installer said listen to this without amp, its more than adequate to make you think again do I really need amp and bass tube? He also said this is good no doubt, but a 4 channel amp can make this blast without basstube as Helix can sound better with an amp! point noted and added in checklist!

1" silk dome tweeters.... Germans know how to play it loud, n still keep the wow factor alive! hte installer had to take the cover out and use fevi Quick to fix it at the tiny place of tweeter.

FYI :
    No animals were hurt or wires were cut during the installation! ::V

Damping :
    not at this point, would see in phase II ( 4 channel 300w amp ) or phase III ( 12" 300w sub )

Cost :
    22k came to 18k after discount.

out of infinity, Helix, JBL, Boston, Rockford and Blau that I chose for comparison, I liked the combination and completeness of sound produced by Helix most. Without amp, the comps and co axe make me feel the vibration in seat and door panel and thats pretty unexpected as I was under impression that to my taste, I would be Ok only after I setup an amp and sub.

I had my fev trance music with me... 'Dash Berlin' 10 tracks of world's #8 DJ, 320 bits and size 20mb each. Oh man, that sounds awesome and brought a smile on my face... afterall thats what is important, when you play your setup for first time... a smile, right?

want rear co axials to produce only bass and from comps also to supress high freq, thinking to set hi freq to +2 only. The HU has many controls that would including Subwoofer Level Adjustament, System E's+ (Built-in HPF & LPF) that I need to try to my taste. would write in few hours/days once I get used to the controls and set the HU settings to the expectations.
  8. tushargn

tushargn Amatore

Phase 2 : amp

guys, now the seats shake with the simplest Kenwood HU and I am positive as I was told about the helix compo n coax duo, SQ above 20 is not even worth to discuss. Now I am thinking for an amp and see would it really suffice my bass expectations through the comps and coax pair?

any suggestion for amp? should I go for 2 channel separate or 4 channel or more forward compatible?
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Go for 4 channel and which is one time investment. :)

Contact Phew for suggestion he is master. :)
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Go for 4 Channel Amp.
    I use 4 Channel Focal Amp in my car.