1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea with a touchscreen for GPS+Media+reverse parking+deadly Base!!!!

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by tushargn, Oct 11, 2011.

1. tushargn

tushargn Amatore

Pune
    This is gonna be an interesting thread and need a lot of support guys! Especially folks at Pune..

PHASE I: Need opinion! :confused1

Infinity comp + Infinity 1220se sub+ xplod 600w amp=which HU?

This thread is a bit of reverse polarity. I opted Linea Active as I wanted full freedom to setup ICE that can make me stay at home/car on weekends than to visit pub every Saturday and Sunday for music. Now I hope i don't have to express more about my taste in trance and heavy metal.

My Linea Active is getting delivered next weekend. I preferred active over emotion as for my taste, 80k could be better utilized on ICE+filming than alloy+stock ICE. For 30 grand starter, which is still a tight budget for what is intended, I have narrowed on following:

Sub: :up
    1 : Infinity 1220se in Infinity casing: 16500/- (O'man.... that sub can definitely crack windshields)
    or
    2 : Infinity 1220se sub+local casing : 9000/- ( would be a bit less on performace.. but hell better than xplod, pio n JBL)

Amp: :clap
    xplod 600w 4ch : 5400/- (its just the deal I am getting, no preference as such for amp, anything at 500+w would suffice my need)

Front: :wow
    Infinity comp : 7500/-

HU: ( want to exclude it by all/any means) :idea:

Option 1:
    thinking of playing songs directly from my cellphone to Xplod 600w amp till i can finalize on HU/ NAV combi. Dont want to spend on HU if I can skit it by any means in near future.

Option 2:
    KDC-X8016BT
    now this is tricky part. Honestly speaking, I don't want a standby HU and thinking of playing songs directly from my cellphone to amp till i can finalize on touchscreen HU. I am looking for all in one which could be used for media+rear parking view+GPS. I was informed about KASKA and a big NO from my side for that.

Option 3:

If not 1 or 2, then
    a cheapest HU for a few days which can play from USB... ( CD slot is old school, not required ). I need to narrow down on something that goes into dash and can replace this cheap unit. I wont like several displays at each corner of the dash.:uh

PHASE II: Need expertize:

Option 1:
    MapmyIndia unit : 19000/-
    I am amazed! this particular unit can suffice my need of all ICE in one display ( media+rear parking sensor's video+GPS). It has aux port as well.
    Need some advise for the SQ for what am dreaming. I am planning for a custom dashboard kit from Technocrat ( I have seen they have created a custom kit to fit 2 DIN in a Linea : ref team-BHP ) to fit this 7 inch mapmyIndia display in the place of 2 Din player in dash. I am looking at it to work as music player(aux/usb)+GPS+reverse parking video player. I wish to give aux in from cell/usb to this unit and want to feed this unit's o/p directly to amp.

Option 2:
    I have seen visor mounted screens, has anyone seen how useful and worthy it would be to combine all features on wiser?

So guys....
    you have done this before individually... lets do it together to create one on teamfiat! :dance
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    point 1 - throw that xplod amp out of your mind. it will spoil the whole party

point 2- why buy a 19000rs navigator. buy a single din flip down motorised screen panel head unit which has touch screen, bluetooth calling etc + navigation

go for Bass FX enclosure which is a goan company, but best in business.
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2011
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Agreed to Italia-Linea.

BTW where are going to fit these accessories?
  4. tushargn

tushargn Amatore

Pune
    Thanks Italia-Linea. xplod is just a deal I was offered at reliance auto. Ok, I think I have to change the option then. But the infinity 1220se really shaken everything in showroom with 20% volume on sony HU and xlpod 600w amp. anyone in pune, I'd recommend to visit reliance auto near swargate and lesten to this box to get amazed!

point 2- why buy a 19000rs navigator.
    havent seen much of those except one at Carax.. would think of it and search more.

go for Bass FX enclosure which is a goan company, but best in business.
    OK, would search. already a visit to Goa scheduled in 2 weeks.

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

Hi Kedar,

Thats also a Q,
    I visited Carax... was left with impression that I know more than the guy who is going to install. He was not sure and not aware that Linea music player cant take 2 DIN.

Reliance Auto,
    Nice info and many options available, also free installation... but limited brands!

Any suggestions?
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Tushar I will recommend you to go to the Blaupunkt Authorized Service Center (Ecko Electronics) at Law College Road, near Barista. Mr. Pathak has very good knowledge about FIAT cars. He has lots of options for Headunits, Speaker, Amps and compos.
  6. tushargn

tushargn Amatore

Pune
    Great! Would visit tomorrow eve. Actually I was looking for someone who knows fiat aesthetics and not mere Can DO! Attitude.

---------- Post added at 07:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

Great! Would visit tomorrow eve. Actually I was looking for someone who knows fiat aesthetics and not mere Can DO! Attitude.
  7. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Pune
    I have a basic Rockford Fosgate Sub[R1S412] in an Bass FX box.. rocks very well. Its mated with a JBL 4 channel amp [GT5 S644].
    Carax is a little costlier. I got m equipment fitted Nanapeth. send a message to me and will reply with contact details.

There are ICE threads for ICE on the forum. Check out the various configurations.
  8. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    After reading the thread title, the first thought that passed my mind was a ALL NEW LINEA LAUNCH with all these features.

It will be a very good add on's for a already feature rich car

Good luck
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2011
  9. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The thoughts are up there in bold
  10. tushargn

tushargn Amatore

Pune
    Thanks Sid. I have read a lot for Rockford but haven't yet heard it anywhere till now. May be I need to increase the perimeter for my search. I am planning to skip rear door coax for now as for 6 days it would be only me at front seat.
    Thanks Vasudev. and yeh, I have already convinced my parents that the only reason I have preferred the active ride is that its available today without any waiting period and I am going to spend a good time and $$$$ to make it worth my own comfort zone. been many times to Goa on bike rides, and now already had a discussion with friends and getting the ride pimped for its Leh exploration. So anything less than best, would be compromise.

Phew,
    Amp:
    after hearing a lot from most, I was thinking to scrap the idea of xplod amp and get some other 4 channel amp that can play front comps and base. any suggestions?

HU:
    If its gonna be the case that Hu cant be skipped, then I would go for some decent 1 din one time HU. I liked the 4 line blue display and simple control of Kenwood KDC-X8016BT, again... sony?