1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea wind noise at wing mirror / A pillar

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by Guite, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Guite

Guite

Noida
    I took four test drives of the Linea TJet and almost booked. That was until I took test drives on the expressway at 70 kmph. Wind noise at A pillar is very prominent at this speed and above. This happened on two different test drive cars.

On close physical observation and comparison with other cars it occurs to me that the probable cause is the gap between mirror and door. The design which allows for the mirror to fold forward may be the culprit. Wind seems to be buffeting in this gap at high speed. Does anybody agree with my assessment and observation?

i thought I will wait for the new Linea but it also has same design. So does anybody know of any after market accessory which can be fitted to close this gap? Forward folding mirror is not important for me whereas noise reduction is VERY.
  2. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    The topic has been discussed to death on this forum. You should be able to find lots of arguments/debates using the search function.
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. Guite

Guite

Noida
    I did a forum search before I became a member and all I could find was a poll. Now getting more results. Thanks for the response.
  4. Rocky Raikkonen

Rocky Raikkonen Novizio

Bangalore
    J P Nagar
    Fiat Enthusiast
    I have observed the same in punto also. But couldnt get any solution for this.
  5. Sam

Sam Amatore

Mumbai
    Is the noise so very loud? Atleast on MJD I hear the engine and tyres roaring more than wind whining.
  6. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    Its not very disturbing at low speeds but at speeds around 70 kmph, wind noise becomes clearly audible.
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    To reduce this, increase the volume of the music:-D.
    I guess the design of the OVRM is the major contributor to the noise and the gap between the OVRM and the body creates a funnel to increase the noise. Dont worry that should not lessen your driving experience. I remember my colleague who owns a T-jet and used to get visibly irritated by the noise put a cardboard to fill the gap between the OVRM and door and voila the noise wasnt heard. But imagine a cardboard sticking on the beauties and you will go yuck. He used to fill me of stories of Fiat designs which was weird in some sense and one of them was this.
  8. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    That's an inbuilt feature my friend. I don't have to do anything.
  9. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Give the front doors a nice dosage of Damping,at least 3 sheets in each door,will fix it.:)