1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Tjet Losing Acceleration

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Sumit sah, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Sumit sah

Sumit sah Timido

Mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    When on long drives, say 3 hrs or more, and when it is hot outside, the car suddenly loses power and there is no acceleration even if the pedal is fully pressed. Stopping the car for 10 minutes, makes the situation ok, but it will again lose acceleration after 15 mins of driving. This has happened about 4 times and no solution has been found. Any ideas ?
  2. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Possibly a fuel vapor lock issue and hence fuel starvation. It may have to do with the fuel pump.

Abdul
  3. moksh

moksh Regolare

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    How many kms on the odo. Get your clutch checked according to my knowledge because it happend with me no accelration trying to pull the car with different gears but stays at stable speed.
  4. Sumit sah

Sumit sah Timido

Mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    Thank you all. This happens only on long distances. If there is a problem with the fuel pump , will it not give problems on a regular basis ? I have only 20000 kms. Clutch seems fine. In my case the speed starts dropping and the car wil stop eventually. After stopping for about 10 mins , all becomes well for the next 10 to 15 mins. Once the car is rested for the night and I am driving in the city there is no problem whatsoever. I have noticed this problem starts after climbing the ghats going to Pune or similar . The temperature must be high. Once after stopping I have even heard a cracking noise and slight burning smell coming from the front of the car
  5. Vaibhav Rawat

Vaibhav Rawat Novizio

Ghaziabad
    Ghaziabad
    Linea T-Jet
    It could be bad adulterated fuel. I faced similar issues in the starting on a long trip. Get the fuel check, fuel pump check, and never fill petrol more than autocut. It could be the only reason for fuel smell inside the cabin.