1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Tjet delivery, do i need under chassis coating?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by ramganap, Jan 18, 2018.

1. ramganap

ramganap Timido

Hi,
    I will soon be taking delivery of a Tjet, what are the accessories or services that i should consider? I live in Chennai, do I need under chassis coating, paint protection? Sun film from the dealer? Anything else I should consider before getting delivery of the car?

Thank you,

regards,
    Ram

2. AnanthaPrakash

AnanthaPrakash Timido

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Advise you to do it in 3M

3. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Heartiest congratulations Ram on bringing home the Jet.

I would suggest to get the 3M under body anti rust coating, it will help prevent the rusting of the car underbody parts. The coating from 3M is valid for 5 years and you can get annual touch up done too. The coating in my Punto is still very much intact even after seeing 5 monsoons.

I wouldn't advise for paint protection as I feel its a marketing gimmick. Other basic accessories which you can have in the jet are Rear sensors, good plush seat covers, neck supports, Noodle mats, door sill etc.

Would expect you to start a thread on your ownership and post pics of the Jet after delivery. I hope you have done the PDI.

4. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Congratulations for the Tjet @ramganap .
    Welcome to the forum. Your queries have been answered already by Girish and Anantha :)

5. ramganap

ramganap Timido

Thanks a lot. I am expecting the delivery on the second week of Feb since the production hasn't started yet (thats what I was told :) . Since it already comes with rear sensors wanted to check if a rear camera is necessary. I was satisfied with the rear sensors on my GP but don't have experience on the camera. Also sensors come factory fitted so am a little skeptic about out of factory fitment of camera. Is that fine? Any risks involved even though done through dealer?

Will update the progress on the PDI and the delivery experience soon.

6. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Yes, production hasn't yet started for 2018. Their hands are full with Jeep. I will say sensors are enough and no need to mess further around. :)

7. ramganap

ramganap Timido

I agree... I hope they would be able to squeeze out a few Tjets in their production line. I assume there would hardly more than 10 Tjets per month? Is compass using the same engine as Tjet with a different tuning?

8. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Congrats on the t-jet :D Won't comment much on the accessories but do get a rear view camera attached to the touchscreen and get a good ceramic coating done which would keep your linea gleaming for a long time and require less effort towards cleaning/maintenance/detailing.

As you are living in Chennai it is a good idea to get an underbody coating, given the humid climate.

9. ramganap

ramganap Timido

Great, Thanks a lot for the wishes and the information. I haven't heard about ceramic paint protection earlier until you guys suggested it. So did some reading and sounds impressive. Any idea where it can be done in Chennai? Would the dealer do it? So far I am planning to take up ceramic paint protection (not sure which provider), under chassis coating (3M car care) and seat covers (any inputs for plush seat covers?) . Door sills not sure if I can manage from the dealer. Rear camera would be on the wish list. But I assume doing the 3M under chassis coating and the ceramic paint protection would take additional week.
    Also would it make sense to do the ceramic paint protection after a year since I assume the gloss on the new car would persist for a year?

Thanks in advance,

10. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Best to get the ceramic coating on a new car so that the factory finish is preserved.