1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea tjet clutch problem

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by sachinsu, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    While I can't say about their diagnostics[myself not knowledgeable enough], it's utter non sense that it's not covered under warranty. Tell the dealer that you are writing an email to Fiat on this and tell him that you would keep him in cc.
  2. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @Madhav Dabke . Mate the SA is taking you for a ride. I have a GP 90 HP which is around 18 months old now. I have clocked 27 K kms now and the first 2 free services are done. Besides the free service I usually take my car for a check up before every long trip, WA, WB, rotation or issues crop up .I might have visited FASS around 10 times. The following stuff has been changed on my car other than the consumables in general service.

-- Rear Brake Lamp (Some idiot hit the car from behind when I braked and it broke the day I bought my car and was driving back home)
    -- Boot lock (Boot open error in MID in spite of the boot being closed. It was the faulty boot lock which was creating the issue)

Both these issues occurred within the 5K on the odo. Brake lamp was an accident issue so no warranty either I could have gone for insurance or paid it myself. I chose the second option as it was just 700 bucks.

The boot lock was replaced under warranty without any questions asked

-- Rear Wiper (Some idiot broke it off when it was parked in my garage)
    -- Glove box lock( It was broken due to usage)

Both these happened after I had clocked 25 K on the odo.

Rear Wiper too was accident so I could have gone for insurance or paid it myself. I chose the second option as again it was just 700 bucks.

They checked the glove box lock and found it was broken. To fix it the whole lock system had to be changed. The cost was around 1.8 K including labor. I asked them to change it under warranty. They showed me that I have too much stuff ( car papers, chargers , booklets, 2 hammers and 1 scissors) and that might have been the reason for the lock being broken. I told them if they can prove that and the glove box is not meant to be kept empty. People stuff CDs, cameras , iPods, laptops if they can fit in. They said they will check with Fiat and let me know. I paid for the whole amount upfront and asked them to put the request. 2 days it was cleared and they will refund the amount when I visit them the next time.

Just be a little stern and be logical. The whole clutch assembly cant go bad in 8 K Kms. People drive with the original clutch assembly for close to 1 Lac kms. There will always be exceptions if you do a lot of spirited driving but still it will last close to 50 K kms. Clutch assembly going kaput in 8 K is manufacturing defect. Talk to some senior official at the dealership else connect with Fiat customer care or write to face book. If things do not fall in place social media is always there. This is a clear case of defective manufacturing.

Keep us posted.
  3. Madhav Dabke

Madhav Dabke Timido

Pune
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    @Saket, @nibedk - thank you guys for your reply. I will keep you guys posted as things move. Unfortunately Fiat plant is not working till January 2nd week and hence SA will open the vehicle only after plant it working again and confirmation from company about availability of the parts.

Meanwhile, i did post on tweeter and i received a standard copy paste response stating please call us on toll free number :)
  4. Madhav Dabke

Madhav Dabke Timido

Pune
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi,

I have exactly same problem. did anyone get solution from Fiat? Was it covered under warranty?
  5. dileep

dileep Novizio

trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    This looks very worrying, even I have a new linea Tjet
  6. rvlkiran

rvlkiran Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    @Madhav Dabke , I showed the issue to FASS in Bangalore at that time. The service advisor told me so casually that it's normal for the clutch to heat up during hill driving. If we drive more in the hills, the clutch will burn out faster. They didn't check any further since the issue was not occurring for me once I was back in Bangalore.

My car's ODO is currently at 12,500 km, and I didn't notice the clutch heating / burn out issues after that hill-station trip (which was at ODO 8000 km). All of my driving since then was within the city.
  7. Madhav Dabke

Madhav Dabke Timido

Pune
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    thats cool @rvkiran. I have sent my car for inspection to service station. waiting for them to revert.
  8. sachinsu

sachinsu Timido

Pune
    Pune
    Fiat Enthusiast
    i have not been to the steep inclines since the last time i faced issue at matheran. the smell has faded away completely. i was worried about clutch plate change but fortunately no such issue for me.

but after having driven palio 1.6 gtx for 7 years i am sure i can say it's a clutch issue with linea tjet and even in 1st gear the car struggles to pull when loaded...so definitely a disappointment when comparing it to palio.

really surprised FASS saying its normal during hill driving, its stupid to say that esp when older fiats (palio, punto) didn't have any such problem.

would be interested to know if any multijet linea having this problem.
  9. Madhav Dabke

Madhav Dabke Timido

Pune
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    If you are in Pune, we can take both TJets on test with SA together and compare.
  10. Krishna Menon

Krishna Menon Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Linea T-Jet
    Hello all,

I have faced with this Clutch burnt and replace issues twice now on my T-Jet. Last time in May 2015, I had to negotiate with A V Motors in Hyderabad to get 50% discount. I had to pay 28K from my pocket. Now it's the same issue in July / August 2016. They say it's due to bad driving. But, I never faced this issue with my earlier vehicles. Now they say I have to pay 52K as this is not covered under warranty.

Does any of you got feedback from Fiat on this T-Jet Clutch issue? I have more details in my thread...http://www.teamfiat.com/threads/my-jade-blue.11092/page-12

Appreciate any response on this topic.

Best regards,
    Krishna Menon.