1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea TJet- Battery Indicator on inspite of new battery

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by acechip, Sep 29, 2014.

1. acechip

acechip Superiore

Take a look at this folks. I had raised an issue earlier about some random message about the rear left indicator bulb warning and the occasional ODO blink, and also indicated that the battery & central lock indicator in the dashboard used to light up faintly . Well, I recently got my battery changed (1 month ago). But, I do see this phenomenon crop up. The battery indicator remains ever so faintly lit, bit it does switch off after the car is locked. This never used to happen before.
    Is it an issue with the indicator itself ? Or is the battery not getting charged enough ? Of late, I use the Linea for 2-3 days with a week's gap. Gotten a bit spoilt by the Micra CVT you see;)

Is that what it really is ? A usage/running issue, not allowing the battery to be charged ? Cuz when I run the car, its usually with the Climate control and music system.

20140929_205314.jpg
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Is it the "partially on" symbol rather than "fully on". If partially, then the issue isn't the battery or alternator charging. It can potentially be the instrument cluster malfunctioning.
  3. acechip

acechip Superiore

Well, its "partially" on I suppose, because it guess it turns "brightly" on before cranking up the ignition, and then glows faintly like I have captured above. I will double check on this now that you have brought it up. Instrument panel issue is a slightly bigger problem isnt it ? Makes you wonder what else may be malfunctioning.
  4. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    I bet it's your low usage, if there are no other 'symptoms'! Let us know what it is, when definitively interpreted/diagnosed.

cheers
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Get the battery and the charging voltage checked whenever you can. If they check out fine, then just let it be. If you are in warranty, then you can check up with FASS regarding this. Else, just drive on.

Cheers.
    prabhjot likes this.