1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Tjet, Avventura or Ciaz, which one?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by drsantoshms, Sep 8, 2014.

1. drsantoshms

drsantoshms Amatore

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    I am also in dilemma between Fiat Linea and Avventura. Decided to wait till the end of year to wait for launch of Avventura and also for better clarity in petrol vs diesel price gap. Right now my idea is, if petrol go for Linea and if diesel for Avventura/Ciaz. I heard 90hp MJD is better tuned in Avventura and Ciaz than Linea. Any inputs from seniors?
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2014
    varun pandit likes this.
  2. kk27

kk27 Amatore

Kandivali - Mumbai
    Kandivali - Mumbai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Ciaz, are you sure? In camprison to Linea it has no driving dynamics to talk about.
  3. sriramr9

sriramr9 Amatore

Chennai
    Any idea on the Kerb weight of Avventura Diesel, the Diesel Ecosport tips the scale at 1.5 tons. i am sure avventura should be lesser than that.

Are you sure on this ? If yes, kindly provide more details, Ciaz is an outcome of a brand new concept/project by Suzuki japan to design light yet strong and fuel efficient vehicles, that said it speaks with its brilliant mileage figure 26.1 kmpl from the 90HP motor with a kerb weight of just 1015 kg. When it comes to head vs heart i feel ciaz will win, this is my opinion.

Coming to your opinion ciaz also sports broader contact patch tires and wide base compared to linea so the dyanamics except for the EPS set up should not suffer much
  4. drsantoshms

drsantoshms Amatore

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    My heart says Fiat Linea T-JET but because of fear of mileage in T-JET and turbo lag in MJD, my brain says CIAZ diesel..I am really in dilemma.
    By the way I am looking for a good comfortable family car.
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    How much is your running?
    With Diesel and Petrol price difference is coming closer, if you plan to drive more than 1500kms per month buy diesel else T-Jet.
    BoseSuman likes this.
  6. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Tjet Mileage figure:-
    City:- 10-12 KMPL (May increase or decrease depend on traffic & depend on your driving style).
    Highway:- 14-16 KMPL (May increase or decrease depend on traffic & depend on your driving style).
    If you are doing more than 1200-1500 then try for diesel ( 1200 will increase automatically ;) for long drive ).
  7. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Drive all the cars back to back thoroughly and take your pick. Cannot comment on the latest CIAZ as i think no one has driven it yet. So lets not jump to the conclusions and comparisons.
    shashanknathani and MakeTheMove like this.
  8. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Kerb weight of 1.5 TDCI Ecosport is 1248 Kg. As Per the Autocar Review Avventura's Kerb Weight is 1213 Kg (65 Kg More Than Punto Evo.) But the driving dynamics and ride quality is anyway better than Ford Ecosport As Per the Autocar Review Coz I havn't Driven Avventura yet.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2014
  9. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    The Linea thunderjet is going to be one of a hell drive, the Avventura looks to me as an overgrown Punto and the Ciaz is going to be very spacious. If you just want to get from point A to point B but the Ciaz but there is going to be one long waiting period.

If you want to connect with your car buy the Linea. But like Italia-Linea suggested, wait for a Ciaz test drive before deciding.
    Murphy_Fiat likes this.
  10. drsantoshms

drsantoshms Amatore

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    @BoseSuman and @Ravi
    My monthly running is 1000-1200 kms at present. May increase in future. As such I am a sedate driver but I love power to be available for overatkings in highways and ghat road driving. I am planning to take my car to sabarimala hills every year. Turbolag in MJD is bothering me especially when I think of ghat road driving.
    @5u3zEr0
    Heard 90hp MJD is better tuned in Avventura and ciaz. I will test drive linea, avventura and ciaz ( all diesels) and take a call. If I go for petrol, T-Jet is final.
    bharath and Murphy_Fiat like this.