1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea, the car i was waiting for... later disappointed with the quality

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Gajendra Singh Tomar, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Hi everybody,

What heard earlier about linea was so good, but when i got the car delivered after 15 days... Totaly disappointed. :sad1

Car body rusted at few places, color quality very poor at few places and remote KEY was not working since day one, glove box not getting closed properly and noise from left front door. Otherwise riding is too good and very silent cabin what expected to be...

Is there any body who can help me out, like how can i get these things corrected which can make me proud owner of FIAT family.

2. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Welcome Gajendra.

Can you please post pics of rusted places. Where are you located? Such issues are unexpected in a new car. Paint quality is good in Fiat. Was PDI done properly before delivery?
    1 person likes this.
  3. funkykar

funkykar BANNED

This is why PDI is so very important. It could well be a TD car given to you. Paint quality not being consistent could mean those areas were repainted. Where exactly is the rusting? Please post pics. In case you see rust on brake rotors, it could be normal even on a new car.
    3 people like this.
  4. vvk007

vvk007 Amatore

The First and foremost thing you have to do is, contact the dealer and tell him all the problems you are facing and ask for immediate solution. The dealer will solve all the issues which you are facing instantly except for the rusting part.

They may tell they would repaint the infected part or they would also not mind replacing the part if the rusted area is quite large.

The only best thing which seems suitable in this situation is Contacting the dealer.

As soon as you get reply from them, post the Conversation here. Somebody will definitely help you out with further proceedings.

By the way, What was the ODO reading when the car was delivered? Was the 'H' displaying in MID ?

PS: (MODS) Change the spelling of LINEA in the title
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  5. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

I am sorry for your issue. Its too carless and very bad on dealer via which FIAT gets a bad name. I wonder if the escalation to be made?

6. Welcome to TFI,and congrats on owning Linea...

Now for your problems,its quiet obvious that you didnt go for a pdi and directly took the car delivery,if pdi was done before you could have easily rejected the car..Nobody can force a rusted car on you...Once the deal is over,and delivery made,dealerships will hardly take any responsibility...So its wise to mail the pics and problems to FIAT.

And for rusted parts do you mean the wheel hub?if yes,its not a problem to break your head on..

Hope your problems get sorted out soon..
  7. Thanks sir, I will write mail to fiat with photos
  8. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Congrats and welcome to TFI,
    Linea is a very beautiful Car and said its Crafted for True Fan.
    But at the same time surprised to read your post rather than reading the post with the positives and the Mind blowing Pictures.
    Do share with us more after the discussion with the dealer. You should take the car at the same time to the dealer and point out the Issue to them and keep it in writing and as well mark a copy to the FIAT Customer Support.
    Had the vehicle done proper PDI, and did you decode the Chassis No. to check for the Year of Manufacture.
  9. Rachit Bhatnagar

Rachit Bhatnagar Amatore

Welcome to TFI & Congrats for Linea.
    I'd say linea is one of the best quality car in its category, whether build quality, paint finish or engine performance. My T-Jet+ was parked for almost a year in FIAT stockyard, but when I got delivery, it was sparkling like a bride in immaculate beauty.
    Things can only go wrong, if PDI was not through. Anyway what is happened is past. Now you can take these issues with FIAT customer care & dealer as well. Get all communication documented. Sort this out before dealer will give excuse that all this problem happen after delivery.
    Post snaps of your car, where you find rust & paint discolour. Other niggles like glove box, remote key & door noise issues could be minor & can be fixed by dealer.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2012
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Gajendra, this is introduction thread and we would have liked to read more about you first. There is separate section/s for issues etc.
    Do let us know what happend when you reported these issues to your dealer. Hope you continue to enjoy your drive.