1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea T-Jet

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Jun 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Linea T-Jet review on Overdrive in just a few minutes. Now showing on CNBC TV18 @1pm. Let's see if they give a genuine review.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Oh, I missed that program. Any update?
  3. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    I did not see the program, I read on TBHP that they tested 0-100 in 11.1 sec which is close to 11.14 claimed by Fiat.
  4. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I saw that program and they gave it a very good initial rating. Nothing new though apart from what we already know

Reviewer: They sent that very 7 feet guy for initial road test.
    Car: Linea T-Jet in Fot Trot Azure(FTA) color.

He review started with regular Linea. He talked of how well Linea is loaded in terms of features, it's looks, ride quality, handling and then talked of it's lack of power. Fiat has now introduced a turbocharged petrol engine to address all those issues. This is a first turbo charged petrol car in this segment and competes with ANHC and Vento all the top most level.

Then, he talked of the advantages of smaller capacity turbo engines over higher capacity NA engines and that these are the next thing we may be seeing more frequently in future.

Finally, he said that they did some timings and the 0-100 timings were close to 13seconds. After this, they said in the back ground that this timing is good considering that it wasn't a proper road test and also the guys were not experienced enough in 0-100 testing. A full road test will be done after Fiat launches the car.

T-Jet highlights as per OD: Turbocharged petrol engine so lots of torque across the lower rev range, "improved plastics and fit and finish" with soft touch plastics, better FE as compared to other cars in the segment(having higher capacity NA petrols).
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  6. Arun1100

Arun1100 Regolare

Bangalore
  7. The plastics have beeen improved by leaps and bounds...i hope this car does well
  8. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    great car from Fiat and great reviews. everything about the car is perfect. its up to Fiat to price it properly. this engine shud make its way into the Punto with those improved leather and imported leather seats covers.
  9. arian

arian Amatore

Mumbai
    Wish they use the classic schumacher ad for T-jet
  10. NAREN64

NAREN64

COIMBATORE
    Schumacher no longer represents Fiat nor Ferrari. He now represents Mercedez, therefore it would not be possible for him to appear for T Jet.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.