1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea T-Jet

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Jun 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    I think at a price of Rs.11 lakh, they have more or less dug one shovel into the grave for the Linea T-jet. FIAT should realise that they dont have the brand image or the support to entice big budget customers. They dont have good marketing or advertising . With such baggages, they should ideally buy market share with pricing that is not too much profit centred. A price under 10 lakhs or there about would have seen it take on the ANHC and the new Vento head on. Let the people buy FIAT products in larger nos, gain the confidence of the people seeing FIAt cars on the road. Once they achieve 5000 + nos every month then they can play with the higher prices

If you have a good product then entice the temptation and get the numbers going.

Abdul
  2. keshav

keshav

Bangalore
    Exactly. They should just upgrade Engine and interiors of existing Emotion pack variant and price sensibly. If the price significantly exceeds that of City, Vento, they will have a tough time selling it. I hope they are not pricing it at 11 lakh. They can add fancier features later, may be in the anniversary edition. For now, just focus on utilizing the factory to the limit.
  3. Arun1100

Arun1100 Regolare

Bangalore
    Quote from Team Bhp about the T-Jet!!! ::T
    http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/2078295-post254.html

4. sharma_sanjeevin

sharma_sanjeevin Regolare

Mumbai
    Surprisingly there is no mention of the Stuff which was supposed / rumoured to be available on the T-Jet Indian Version, namely:

1. Hill Holder Assist.
    2. Automatic Headlamps.
    3. Rain Sensing Wipers.
    4. Parking System.

Also, no comment on the Gear Ratios. Is the Gearbox same as the current Linea 1.4 NA version ? or is it a totally new Gearbox.
    The 0-100 timings are just Fantastic. Hope it would be a Stonker of an Engine, Keeping Fingures crossed..!!
  5. Waiting for the launch .. hope FIAT makes TJET launch a big event unlike the 90HP launch
  6. Arun1100

Arun1100 Regolare

Bangalore
  7. Arun1100

Arun1100 Regolare

Bangalore
    Oh boy!! T-Jet sounds too tempting. All the usual worries of a Linea seem to have been solved in T-Jet!

Check out the above link guys! :dance
  8. Paliofan

Paliofan Timido

Mumbai
  9. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    11 lacs is a MISTAKE !! a BIG MISTAKE !!

I genuinely hope I am proven wrong : but let's be honest here. Will any of us be able to convince a layman to buy the T-jet for 11 lacs ex-showroom ???? Atleast I won't be able to. Especially at a time when Fiat is losing dealers to VW

I may sound pessimisstic / harsh here : but if they launch the T-Jet they have a problem, they don't launch it : they have a problem !!

I am not a big fan of the T-jet : I still feel Fiat need to bring in the 1.6D instead of the T-Jet.
  10. Arun1100

Arun1100 Regolare

Bangalore
    Who says 11 lacs? carwale is predicting just over 9 lacs ex-showroom Mumbai. :wink:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.