1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea T-Jet

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Jun 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

I just hope it comes with the european 6 speed tranny..
    If its the same 5 speed box that we all currently drive our 1.4/1.3/1.2 then be ready for a similar performance comparison like the 1.3 Punto & the DDiS swift on the turbo performance. because Fiat-india will tune the engine & gear box of the tjet just like the MJD punto, no kick.

Sluggish turbo on the tjet that has no "KICK" that turbo charged cars are known for will simply put off enthusiasts!!
  2. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    it is coming with the 5 speed box. Yeah : I do agree : it does deserve a 6 speed transmission. Not only do you get better technology but also better driveablity / performance
  3. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    yea guys it should come in 6 speed..i guess dats not the case though. i always felt my MJD missing the 6th gear at high speeds...
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The launch has been postponed to the first week of October. Fiat has recently launched the Grande Punto 90hp and the launch of the Linea T-jet would have been too close. The turbocharged 1.4-litre engine which would find its place under the bonnet of the Linea will most likely be tuned to produce around 120PS of power against the 78 horses dished out by the naturally aspirated FIRE engine.

Details - http://motoroids.com/news/linea-1-4-t-j ... tober.html
  5. Ravi looks like there is a mistake .. the current 1.4 FIRE block produces 90PS not 78 am i missing something ??
  6. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    T-jet or 1.4 FIRE shud make its way in Punto as well.
  7. Paliofan

Paliofan Timido

Mumbai
    Guys, I have seen the T-Jet in flesh in the Fiat factory in Ranjangaon. It has different wheels, even on the company test car.
    It will get leather upholstery and Fiat claims that the car clocked speed in excess of 200km/hr.
  8. NAREN64

NAREN64

COIMBATORE
    When is it going to get launched, have you any information.
  9. Arun1100

Arun1100 Regolare

Bangalore
    I hope some TFIan will be the first to test drive a T-Jet! TFI needs an edge..

Mods: Hope you are planning for it! :cool:
  10. Paliofan

Paliofan Timido

Mumbai
    The T-Jet will be launched during Diwali team. Confirmed news!!

PS: Do we test drive cars?? Then we pull out a T-Jet first.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.