1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea T-Jet - Will it survive in India?

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Ferrariscdr, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Ferrariscdr

Ferrariscdr Amatore

I was just looking at Fiat India website and found something interesting about T-Jet -
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]Few months back there were no T-Jet displayed on the website when they launched 2012 Linea and Punto models. Now T-Jet again appears on the website but with this disclaimer -

Disclaimer: Linea T-Jet and Linea TJet plus - Limited cars and color options may be available. Request to check with concerned dealer on availability and prices. Cars would be manufactured in 2011. New features and tech specs of Linea 2012 may not apply to these cars.

Now the question is - still they have many unsold T-Jet vehicles and they want to sell before they could make new.
    1. Will people buy a year old vehicle? (we get only April - June vehicles)
    2. Is there any plans to launch new vehicle with few additional features of Linea 2012?
    3. MJD is getting more popular because of diesel pricing and petrol prices going to be higher again (atleast by 5 Rs).
    4. Will Fiat still continue to get imported T-jet engines?

Want to know what TFI gurus think about it - any insider/any info on T-Jet
  2. sungoa2010

It is impossible to make 100% wise selection and also it is impossible to make 100% foolish selection. If all indian car buyers can make a foolish selection, then I can say that Tjet will disappear from scene. Otherwise we will see Tjets in our roads.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Mods Note - Thread moved from ownership section to off topic section.
  4. abhinit90

abhinit90 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    Tjets will be there, that is why it is mentioned on the site.

I was checking the stock for a friend from a dealer in delhi and he was willing to let go of a 2010 tjet and his price was 7lakhs on road, and he will go to 6.5 or something.

So yes, there are quite some stocks left since Linea as a whole isn't a "hot" model.

Fiat itself has 2 models and removing 90hp and t-jet will further reduce the choices and it'll be stagnated, so it will not remove it imo.
  5. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

dont worry, may onwards you will get freshly produced Linea TJET. It will be a refreshed model :)
    1 person likes this.
  6. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Some models are preferred over other. Verna Petrol hasn't been popular.
    Still i think, T Jet sales shouldn't improve this year, specially if any duty imposed over diesel cars.
    Linea as a car is still a usual look everywhere & T jet looks best of all.
    It hardly matters. I have also heard that T-Jet engine is imported rather than manufactured here. So rest of the Linea being locally manufactured, FIAT is not loosing any money. They will keep T-Jet for market gimmick at least & may put in Punto as well for new sports model.
  7. S A SHAH

S A SHAH Regolare

Linea T-Jet
    Dear All,
    Linea Tjet+ has to be there, why should FIAT-India disown their "Fans-extreme" ? Because, FIAT-India has found "US" to live with,
    but "WE" have found OUR FIATs you can't live without.
    Enjoy life fearlessly, it is wonderful.
    SHAH,S A
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2012
  8. Ferrariscdr

Ferrariscdr Amatore

Yes totally agree...my heart says so. But i m still afraid that Fiat should not disappoint us. Also I will be disappointed if they launch new T-Jet with 150PS and 320 NM torque. In that case I might have to sell this one off and get a new T-Jet Bronzo Scuro...hehehe ::V