1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea T-Jet vs Vento TSi

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Arkin, Nov 11, 2013.

1. Arkin

Arkin Amatore

The Linea T-Jet and the Vento TSi are the only Turbocharged Petrol sedans one can buy for Rs 10 lakh. I felt the need for a comparison between the two.

I searched the net and auto forums, but couldn't find an article or discussion comparing them.
    Let TeamFIAT be the first to.

Here are the basic specs from TG:

Linea T-Jet:
    2013Sep11181756.jpg
    4cyl, 1,368cc, 112bhp, 207Nm, petrol, 5M, FWD, 0-100kph: 11.1sec, 80-0kph: 25.87m, 2.33sec, city kpl: 10.8, highway kpl: 14.1, ARAI: 15.7 kpl
    Vento TSi:
    2013Nov11141456.jpg
    1197cc, 4cyls, turbocharged petrol, 105bhp, 175Nm, 7DSG, 0-100kph: 11.52s, 0-80kph: 2.54s/26.34m, city kpl: 11, highway kpl: 13.9, ARAI: 16.93 kpl.

Though the T-Jet has more torque and BHP, both seem neck to neck in terms of 0-100 acceleration, fuel efficiency (according to TG) and 80-0 braking.
    What I see as the deal breaker in terms of powertrain is the transmission. 5-MT vs 7-AT DSG. If one wants an Auto, then the T-Jet is not an option. Vice versa for someone who wants a good ol' stick. But I think many enthusiasts would consider both.
    I haven't been able to find 20-60 kph, 40-80 kph, 80-120 kph figures for either though. According to ACI the T-Jet takes 28 sec for 0-140.
    It would be great it someone who has actually driven both tells us what he/she felt.

Apart from the powertrain:
    From what I hear, the Vento may not be as great as the Linea when it comes to Ride, handling and dynamics.
    Talking about looks, the T-Jet looks as good if not better than a TSi with the Polo's alloys.
    The Linea's leather scores over the TSi's leatherette upholstery.
    I feel the Vento's interiors are of better quality and ergonomics, though I prefer the Linea's Black-Beige combo.
    Both cars have their fair share of features.
    My perception is VW maintenance is expensive and not as good as Fiat's - at least in Bangalore.

Prices (ex-Delhi)
    Linea T-Jet Emotion - Rs 8.94 lakh
    Vento TSi - 9.99 lakh.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
    5 people like this.
  2. DSG's are unreliable as per many forums. I would count 7 speed AT as -ve.
    1 person likes this.
  3. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    I would prefer a 6 speed manual on my Jet rather than a DSG, that's just me though :) . For me the good bit from the figures above are the brakes, the Jet has done a better a job in the 80-0, I am sure that if they had tested 120-0 the gap between the two would increase.
    4 people like this.
  4. Sujay

Sujay Amatore

New Delhi
    I checked both the cars and selected the TJet over TSI because:
    1) Vento's suspensions are soft which is not good for highway driving.
    2) The FE of AT is less then MT cars.
    3) TSI is expensive by 1Lac.
    4) TSI maintenance is expensive.
  5. the_crusader

the_crusader Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.4
    I would go for Linea TJet as compared to Vento TSI for the following reasons:

1) Better Engine capacity, Power and torque
    2) Better ride and handling
    3) Better braking capability
    4) I personally prefer MT over AT
    5) Service Network of Fiat is much better than VW in any part of India
    6) Blue & Me and features like follow me home, automatic rain sensing wipers etc
    7) Bigger and wider alloy wheels.
    8) Most importantly, all these better features in much lesser price.
  6. Arkin

Arkin Amatore

Can someone throw light on real world performance?
  7. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Call me biased, but I would choose the T-Jet anyday, reasons being, VW's attitude both before sales and after sales, atrociously priced spares and labor charges, and questionable reliability of the DSG.

Plus, there is no replacement for displacement, 1.4L vs 1.2L.

I have not driven the TSi yet to draw a comparo with the T-Jet yet, on the performance front, chances are that the VW be faster due to the DSG over Fiat's lousy gearbox.
    2 people like this.
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    If I thought that being faster was everything, given that 80% of my driving is in the city, I would have bought the Alto K-series ;)

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  9. Arkin

Arkin Amatore

There is nothing biased about choosing the Jet over the TSi. I too would.
    It is a car that strongly bonds with the heart - a car one would worship. No other brand would offer you such a relationship (IMHO)
    But the TSi would be it for those who want to drive without the clutch.
  10. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    I guess you all forgot one more + point for Tjet is tat its got all 4 disc breaks than TSI which has only 2 (front).
    1 person likes this.