1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea T-Jet Launch at J W Marriot, Juhu, Mumbai

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Grandeur, Oct 9, 2010.

1. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    Re: Linea TJet Launch 8th Oct. 2010

The red hot beauty is here. :dancing

Linea_PARKING-sunbeam _1280x1024.jpg
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

Thanks for exclusive pictures amit/vp.
    Sushmita looks smart, as always. Admiration indeed guaranteed.

I think in the launch they told you can book anywhere, but the delivery will take time. So i think it is not going to take more time to have it available everywhere.
  3. Extreme_Torque

Extreme_Torque

Delhi

A car cannot be sold only on the basis of its "looks"

FiAT India needs to do a lot before even thinking of a hint of success in India. There rubbish after sales, pooer gearing and transmission of cars, questionable plastic and internal build quality and niggles are some of the areas it needs to rectify ASAP.

Otherwise FIAT is dead in India !
  4. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai

The funny sight was when all of us were pulling, pushing various levers, various items :mrgreen:

As for me, I pushed Rear Quarter Glass Chrome beading. Then moved to Glove box panel. Next came the steering Key hole & its surroundings. Further ahead was the panel just above Fuse box. Now its the turn of Door beading. Then the vertical Rubber lining on left & right side on the hood. Felt the Leather Seat Covers too. Chrome lining on the dash. Triangular Plastic near ORVM. Meanwhile Amit occupied the driver seat & promptly the seat height adjuster lever is pulled up.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Jokes apart, it seems Fiat has taken to the consumer feedback very well. It has left no stone unturned & frankly I would say the Fit n Finish would compete with the best in class.

Those Alloys with 205 tyres look damn gorgeous !!
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

Do you know on what basis car are sold in India?
    No body know how cars are sold in India.

I don't know what personal experience you had, but I, and most of us, has reasonable A.S.S experience. Some issues exists everywhere.
    Other things you mentioned are correct, and those are most probably are the only issues. Other things are already top class, I hope I don't need to explain here.
    The best selling cars, also has lots of issues. I am sure you must have seen, Hyundai is not able to solve rattling issues in i20. At-least Punto & Linea doesn't have any un-solvable niggling issues.
    I just saw one Figo today, and surprised to see it didn't have left side ORVM. It just a bloody cheap cost cutting, but its selling like hot cake.

My point is, every car sells for different reasons. Let us discuss more on sales here - viewtopic.php?f=16&t=105

Keep T-Jet discussion here. I believe Fiat tried to fix most of the common issues in T-Jet. Let us know if you test drive T-Jet, and your experience.

You all know Fiat is doomed. ::D
  6. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai

Welcome aboard, Laukesh. Its good to see you here.

To an extent I agree with you & also to an extent disagree.

Linea T-Jet is does not seem to be only Beauty or only Power or only "anything". The package seems awesome with the interior and Fit n Finish improving.

However, its being positioned in a space where there is a City & there is a Vento. Both are very strong brands & its veryyyyy difficult to dislodge them though Vento is newer. If we think that T-Jet will turn around Fiat overnight & surge its sales charts, it might be a mistake. It takes something to plonk Rs. 10-11 Lacs on a Fiat car even though the product is very good & VFM. Its here that Fiat faces enormous challenge to reach to the universe of C+ segment market/ customers. Not easy by any means & by what Fiat itself would have experienced in last 1.5 years.
  7. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam

Welcome aboard Laukesh. True no car can be sold on looks alone, but surely it is an added factor in decision making process.

I agree Fiat needs to spruce up on A.S.S imgae, however, I feel in last 18-20 months, Fiat has shown the commitment and has done much more compared even with the market leaders. Yes, they do not have service centers in every nook and corner, but that can only happen with time; what matters is commitment to provide service.

Going through Amit's post above I couldn't help smiling at the way he has gone about checking the earlier reported niggles in Linea. I for one do believe that Fiat is paying attention to the feedback.

I do not agree with the term "internal build quality". It sounds like interiors will fall off and are adhered with just fevicol :D Well, in my one year of ownership, I am yet to have a Eureka moment of poor internal build quality; that too in God's own country where the roads transport you to moon :firey .
  8. cartoos

cartoos

New Delhi

Guys, Tjet will be launched on 16th in Delhi-Ncr. Just inquired at Gurgoan dealer and told me that launch is on 16th, however, they are taking bookings.
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12

The onroad price in Pune goes around 9.88 lacks and FIAT is offering extended warranty FOC.
  10. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Here is a short report of the launch along with some pictures from my end.

VENUE : Grand Sangam Ballroom - J W Marriot, Juhu

The event was supposed to start at 7.30 but it started by 8.30. I guess this was due to the heavy traffic and people taking time to reach the venue. Grandeur, Amit & myself took almost two hours to reach the venue from Chembur.

The launch in itself was a short and sweet event. We spent more time talking to various Fiat officials before and after the launch.

The event started off with Sameer Kochar doing the introduction about the New Linea T-Jet. It was followed by some nice performances by Australian Violinists "Voila Voila". Then came a very nice audio visual about the Linea T-Jet (which you can see in the video captured by Grandeur)

Then came the most awaited moment : Sushmita Sen walked on to the stage. She spoke for a few minutes about "Admiration" and what guarantees admiration. What I liked was that she did not just come on stage and read from a piece of paper (like Sameer Kochar did). She knew what she was talking about and was all grace during the 10 minutes she was on stage talking about the Linea. Hell, she even knew about the 0-100 timings, all 4 disc brakes, ABS + EBD etc.

After her exit, the violinists came on stage again and started playing some music and the Linea was launched. Then Fiat India CEO Mr.Rajeev Kapoor walked onto the stage along with Sushmita Sen and made a short speech.

Sushmita concluded the event by saying how impressed she was by the beauty of the car. (And we all were feeling like taking her for a spin in the T-Jet ::V )

Well - this was the event. We proceeded for dinner and of course had some very interesting conversations / chats with officials from Fiat.

I now leave you with the pictures from the event.

Amogh

[attachment=9:1d7wct8v]DSC04874.jpg[/attachment:1d7wct8v][attachment=8:1d7wct8v]Sameer Kochar.jpg[/attachment:1d7wct8v][attachment=7:1d7wct8v]Sushmita on Stage.jpg[/attachment:1d7wct8v][attachment=6:1d7wct8v]Violinists.jpg[/attachment:1d7wct8v][attachment=5:1d7wct8v]Sushmita with the T-Jet.jpg[/attachment:1d7wct8v][attachment=4:1d7wct8v]Sushmita Sen Rajeev Kapoor.jpg[/attachment:1d7wct8v][attachment=3:1d7wct8v]T-Jet.jpg[/attachment:1d7wct8v][attachment=2:1d7wct8v]T-Jet from rear.jpg[/attachment:1d7wct8v][attachment=1:1d7wct8v]Alloys.jpg[/attachment:1d7wct8v][attachment=0:1d7wct8v]Exhaust Tip.jpg[/attachment:1d7wct8v]

View attachment DSC04874.jpg

Sameer Kochar.jpg

Sushmita on Stage.jpg

View attachment Violinists.jpg

Sushmita with the T-Jet.jpg

Sushmita Sen Rajeev Kapoor.jpg

View attachment T-Jet.jpg

View attachment T-Jet from rear.jpg

Alloys.jpg

Exhaust Tip.jpg