1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea T-Jet Launch at J W Marriot, Juhu, Mumbai

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Grandeur, Oct 9, 2010.

1. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

Linea TJet Launch 8th Oct. 2010

Ok Guys!

Here's the video for you all. Don't mind the sound quality and the low light at the end of the video while taking interiors of Car.

Cheers!

Amogh will be coming up with the details shortly:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2011
  2. mescotc

mescotc Amatore

Boisar , Tarapur
    Re: Linea TJet Launch 8th Oct. 2010

Having had the opportunity to visit Tata-Fiat showroom Kalyan , for Pre reg. Inspection of my Punto1.3, I've seen Just arrived Linea T-jet ,
    Fiat says this is going to kill Honda City for sure ,
    Also seen Tata ARIA -this is something truely great from TATA.
    Atul
  3. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore

The two-page ad in today's ToI is very innovative. Just by focussing our mobile camera to the Linea T-Jet QR Code at the bottom of the ad after sending an sms, we can download two pdf [FE and brochure]. Let us wait and see how this innovation turns into increased numbers for Fiat Linea.
  4. neoonwheels

neoonwheels Amatore

Pune

I just cant wait to test drive this beauty. This is sure my next target. All new reason to fall in love yet again :)
  5. sharma_sanjeevin

sharma_sanjeevin Regolare

Mumbai

Linea Looks Delicious in the New Sun Beam Beige Color :) Now, the car has the Engine which the Brilliant Chassis always deserved. Kudos to FIAT for taking the game forward by launching the Class Leading technology & Above all the Features ohh the list is long. A true VFM.

But, why did they Chose, Sushmita Sen as the Brand Ambassador, For God Sake, I think this will also go the Yuvraj Singh way. In my view wrong choice of Brand Ambassador for such a wonderful product.

The Two Full page Advertisement is very good, atlast they are talking about the features & Performance of the car. Best of Luck FIAT.
  6. darkshooter

darkshooter Amatore

Navi Mumbai

Big thanks to Grandeur,Amit and specially Amogh(for traveling down from Pune) for providing us exclusive launch event report. :clap

According to HT, price(introductory) would be 8.43L.
  7. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3

reproducing my post from the Linea T-Jet Thread

Here are some key highlights

1. POOR QUALITY INTERIORS, FIT & FINISH ARE THINGS OF THE PAST. T-Jet's interiors are bloody brilliant and the fit and finish are perfect. The dashboard has a nice soft feel and so does the steering. It is clear that Fiat has made no compromise in this department. I could not locate any obvious panel gaps. We consumers complained about it and Fiat has REALLY worked hard on it. Five stars to Fiat for that.

2. If you thought the Linea looked stunning : well start looking for a new superlative for the T-Jet. With the 205's and rear spoiler the Linea has set an all new benchmark : one which will be VERY hard to beat. I pity the Vento here, forget second look : the Vento won't even invite a first look when compared to the T-Jet

3. Illuminated Scuff Plates (with T-Jet illumination in red) look very classy.

4. Pricing

Ex-Showroom Delhi:
    T Jet : 8.55 lacs
    T Jet Plus : 8.99 lacs

Ex-Showroom Mumbai:
    T Jet : 8.84 lacs
    T Jet Plus : 9.29 lacs

The Linea is ENORMOUS Value for Money. I will really pity those who buy the Honda City now for the "snob" value of it.

5. Fiat India will initially focus on two of the most important markets, Mumbai/Pune and Delhi/NCR, which constitute 60% sales volume in the C plus segment.

6. There is one word written ALL over this car : CLASS !!

All the whiners and bashers will have to find new reasons to find flaws in this car. I am pretty darn sure someone is going to come up with something like "This car actually is too fast for my liking. Why did Fiat give me the extra power when I did not really need it" ?

Guys : if you want a sedan right now : THIS IS THE CAR FOR YOU !!

Amogh
  8. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3

I respectfully disagree to that. I think she is a very good brand ambassador. And you really have to see her in person to know how good she is !!

Let's not forget this car is not for young turks, college going kids, first time car buyers. There was a lot of talk about Katrina Kaif being the right brand ambassador for this car. Does Katrina really appeal to the class of buyers who would buy this car ? She does not.

For example : I sent a text message to some senior colleagues, friends, relatives etc about Sushmita Sen being the brand ambassador for this car. And the replies I got were:

"Oh .. that's classy. She has got some real class"
    " Nice ! That's a pretty high benchmark the car has to beat in terms of looks"
    " You looking at the car or at her ? I bet you are looking at her. She is gorgeous"

And frankly speaking : Fiat does not need Sushmita to sell the car. Given the price and features : the car should sell by itself. (like most other Fiat cars)

Fiat needed something to draw attention towards the product. And I think Sushmita did achieve that.
  9. sharma_sanjeevin

sharma_sanjeevin Regolare

Mumbai

We can agree to disagree. IMO, the current Brand Ambassador does not depict / reflect the Actual character of the car. The International Advertisement of the Tjet with Michael Schumacher exactly showed what the car can do.

However, I agree that there is no need for the Brand Ambassador, if the Car is good it will sell, just they need to focus on the Promotions. As far as the Advertisement in TOI Today, they seem to be in the right direction by talking of the Class Leading Features & Class Beating Technology.
  10. NAREN64

NAREN64

COIMBATORE

Amog & Sandeep,

Excellent video, thank you guys.

A lovely car with a lovely brand ambassador. Nothing more to say.