1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea T-jet Instrumentation Console change

Discussion in 'Modifications & Tuning' started by arpan, Apr 25, 2011.

1. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Punto 90Hp comes with normal black dials of Punto. The Scoopy Doo who posted white dials always gets abnormal things. That's why he is never satisfied with TATA-FIAT products.
  2. Well said :)
  3. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    u can switch to the punto ones.. i dont think this should b difficult... the console wiring also looks the same.. try installing on at the workshop if it doesnt work get back to yor Tjet console simple.. but its worth giving a try..
  4. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Offcourse Punto's console has its own classic look than the Linea's console, But can you please click the picture at night with the lights illuminated, It will be good to judge the best.
  5. Now that we are discussing right left and Centre how about blue back lit instrumental console ;-)
  6. Has any one did a swapping of instrumentation console so far?

I am thinking of swapping the bare bone cluster of Punto Active to Retro cluster of Linea :-D
    1 person likes this.
  7. Some teaser pics, note the speedo is gone in this console and the rest of the things are in perfect condition. I got hold of this to experiment whether the swapping works, and it does WORK!!

7 people like this.
  8. My car being an active variant was not having too many option in the instrument console.

Here are few additional features that i saw working in active with Linea emotion variant instrument console [It will be the same for Punto emotion too]

1. All the things working in active meter works perfectly in emotion meter console.
    2. Radio, CD track information displays in MID [Ofcourse after installing the OEM player in Active]
    3. Two trip meters work.
    4. Shows which door is open [Left, right - only], even though i have installed fiat approved central lock, the rear door information did not show up.
    5. Shows which bulbs are blown!
    6. Can view date not just time.
    + Many more.

What does not work

Temperature display does not work, shows -----
    Autolocking door does not work

This is what i could see in 1 hour, i have to go through the user manual to understand the additional features in console and then probably add few more things to this.
    1 person likes this.
  9. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    great man.. thats amazing !! always loved that chrome ring around the meters... how much was it for that new console?? It should be worth it for all that new functions it provide !!! :up for all your experimentations !!
  10. shams

shams Esperto

^^ this is good to see. since i also have an active, i too miss most of the extra features of the higher variants! from where did you source the console? how much did it cost. please tell us the details :)

Temperature display should require a sensor which i guess might be missing in active!