1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea T-jet Instrumentation Console change

Discussion in 'Modifications & Tuning' started by arpan, Apr 25, 2011.

1. Sir give me a contact who can import the cluster, I am interested in the multifunctional display
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Guys , i'll reiterate what i had said earlier.

When swapping these consoles , and assuming the electrical connections are possible , be prepared for errors in the readouts of speed etc since the calibrations will be totally different.

Secondly , the Brazilian T -JET features an MID totally different from the one found in the Indian TJET. So there is no way thats gonna work.

Rest is up to you.

Gurjinder.
  3. Hmm you have a point here, but everything from the body computer to the wiring (dashboard harness is same) in both the linea and the punto. I have cross verified the part numbers of the BC / BnM a while ago to understand why Eco Drive refuses to work in the punto and they are the same on both the cars. In addition I have gone through the first test drive report on T-Bhp of the punto 90, and this car sports the Linea white dails and they work fine. So interchanging should be definitely possible in the Indian specs. With respect to the brazilian imports, I tend to agree with you but before we come to a conclusion that it cannot be done, may be we can look at the wiring harness to start with between the brazilian and the Indian spec to understand why it cannot be done.
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    A Punto 90hp with white dials?

I googled to see the thread you were mentioning on " the definitive indian auto...blah blah" and yes in one pic the console is same as that of Linea.

Most pics we've seen of the 90hp GP were ones with the black console. And this particular test drive vehicle was sporting white Linea dials. Seems to be a one off case. Anyone having more details , please share.

Gurjinder.
  5. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    I'll definately try buddy..gimme sometime..i have sum frends bak in brazil and turkey...il surely forward ur request to them..
  6. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    You can instead change it with Linea Active's console.It's all black and neat and would be compatible too
  7. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    @bala

he owns a Tjet..
  8. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    come-on, why to change the instument panel. dis-assemble it, go to some nice graphic designer and ask him to cut computerised dials for you.

way sporty and way trendy as you want , better than even punto , with all sorts of colors.

just paste the new graphic on your instrument panel. no hassles.
  9. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    ^^

+1 to amit..dats also an nice option..customising the way u want and way ahead of the punto too..
  10. yes, punto 90 HP got white dials as in linea emotion..